Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever Light fireplace issue 2019 295RL - 150 Reflection

Our Ever Light fireplace is not operating correctly. I believe I need to replace a switch or more likely the control board. Does anyone know how to get to the control unit. I assume the face assembly comes off but I am afraid to pry on it very much until I know how it is removed.

Thanks .......
    2019 Reflection 150 - 295RL
    2018 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload
    Max Trailer Tow

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On mine I just lift up and the front panel comes off. Then some screws to get the unit out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    On mine I just lift up and the front panel comes off. Then some screws to get the unit out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If my face panel lifts out it must be very tight or stuck? I have found the model # FF40S1SA-BL
    Max Trailer Tow

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two screws that secure the front glass (upper corners). After removing the screws, lift up on the glass and it will slide up off its retainer tabs. This will expose the flanges of the fireplace and those screws can be removed. After removing the fireplace, take all the screws out of the back and the back panel will come off exposing all of the components.

All this said, you are very likely not going to find replacement parts for the fireplace (been there, done that). They are treated as a disposable commodity (most are made in Africa with no aftermarket parts or service support). You don't have to get a replacement from GD and pay the high shipping costs, either. Match the dimensions and order what you want from Amazon.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob,

I'm not at the camper right now. I will take another look at it when I'm there.
    Max Trailer Tow

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWKincade View Post
    Thanks Rob,

I'm not at the camper right now. I will take another look at it when I'm there.
    GW, very timely post as I just had our Everlight fireplace out yesterday in our 2020 295RL so I assume it is mounted the same as yours. To remove this model, open the drawer above the fireplace a couple of inches. This will allow you to lift the trim frame enough to pull it free from the around the fireplace. There are no screws to remove yet. After the trim frame is lifted off it's tabs, there are two screws on each side of the fireplace to take out. Then the fireplace can be easily slid out. It is not very big or heavy. It just plugs into an outlet on the floor.

When it is out, lay it face down on something soft like the sofa. Then you can remove the many screws that attach the back panel to the cabinet. This exposes everything inside including access to the control section on top. There is a very basic wiring diagram pasted inside but not much help.

The reason I had mine out was to try and figure out why the thermostat doesn't shut off the heat when it reaches the temp set. The sensor is mounted upside down to the top of the control section and when I blew some warm air on it using a hair dryer, the thermostat clicked off the heat so I know it is capable of working. My theory is that the sensor isn't getting enough warm room air to act quicker. Still working on how to direct more room air on that by blocking or redirecting the air around the cabinet enclosure.

By the way, while you have the fireplace out of it's cabinet, check around the back of the enclosure and try to seal up all of the openings to the basement. A lot of cold air is drawn into this area as well as any critters that may find there way in. Good luck, it isn't hard to remove this fireplace.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John - Thanks for the info - My 2019 fireplace is probably just llike yours so your info should help me dig into it.

Thanks........
    Max Trailer Tow