Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Build Sheet for Used 2021 380FL

I am in the process of buying a used 2021 Solitude 380FL from a private owner. I asked him for a copy of the original build sheet, but he says he cannot find it.

Is there a Grand Design webpage or some other way to obtain the build sheet if I have the VIN? I want to verify some of the optional items which are listed in his Ad.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGD380FL View Post
    I am in the process of buying a used 2021 Solitude 380FL from a private owner. I asked him for a copy of the original build sheet, but he says he cannot find it.

Is there a Grand Design webpage or some other way to obtain the build sheet if I have the VIN? I want to verify some of the optional items which are listed in his Ad.
    First off, @TxGD380FL, looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. As far as I know there is no online way to get a build sheet using the VIN. However, I'm pretty sure if you contact GD customer support with the VIN, they would be able to supply one.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I an new. I have been reading the forum for a while, but just joined to ask my question.

I will check with Grand Design and ask for a copy of the build sheet.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I an new. I have been reading the forum for a while, but just joined to ask my question.

I will check with Grand Design and ask for a copy of the build sheet.
    I would hope GD would not give you any info on a trailer you do not own
    The buyer I would suspect would have to make the request but what can’t you see that he says is there?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I would hope GD would not give you any info on a trailer you do not own
    The buyer I would suspect would have to make the request but what can’t you see that he says is there?
    Not sure why GD would care. You can get the Window Sticker of a vehicle on many websites without showing proof of ownership. It is merely a record of how the camper was built.

The camper is 3+ hours away, so I have not seen it in person. Some of the items are double pane windows, heat pump on the A/Cs, Cooper H-Rated Tires.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why GD would care. You can get the Window Sticker of a vehicle on many websites without showing proof of ownership. It is merely a record of how the camper was built.

The camper is 3+ hours away, so I have not seen it in person. Some of the items are double pane windows, heat pump on the A/Cs, Cooper H-Rated Tires.
    I would ask for a picture
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF GD won't give you a build sheet then pictures would be your next best option. I'm not sure on what reason there would be to lie about them unless your buying sight unseen. At some point that cat is out of the bag and the sale would go away. 3 hours isn't that far, I would take the trip up to see it before any offer.

I don't know if you could tell a dual pane window with a picture though, unless they left the "insulated window" sticker on the windows. Maybe??

I am almost 100% sure the Coopers were a "required option", I know they were on my 2021 375 and still are according to the GD build and price.

If it has the factory heat pump option it will only be on one of the AC's. You could get a pic of the thermostat when turned on, it should say heat electric.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JKellerJr Thanks for the thorough reply. I will not be buying it sight unseen, but there is a lot of paperwork at my Credit Union to get things arranged beforehand.

I was thinking the same thing on the windows. I have pictures of the camper, but I am not sure how to tell if they are double-paned from a normal picture.

His ad lists the H-Rated wheels, so I asked about the Cooper tires. The pictures are not close enough or with a high enough resolution to see the names on the tires, so I am taking his word on it.

I did not realize the heat pump was on only one of the AC units, so I will have to look at that one in person.

We may drive to go see it this weekend, but at the price he has it listed, it will not last very long. We have already watched two come and go before we had a chance to see them in person.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TxGD380FL I think your pretty safe on the tires. They are H-rated tires, not wheels, I'm sure just mis-speak on his part. 17.5" wheels w/H rated coopers were a required option, there were no other choices. (I'm 99% sure)

As far as I snow the easiest way to check the Heat pump is to cycle the thermostat and see if heat electric pops up as an option.

Short of getting up close to a window and seeing the 2 panes I don't know how else to verify that. Even a close up pic may not show that well enough.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD started putting the H-rated Coopers on later in the 2021 model year. My 2021 380FL did not come with them. It came with G-rated Westlakes. I upgraded them myself earlier this year. My heat pump is the middle A/C in the kitchen (have 3 A/C's). Where's the RV located? Perhaps a member who is close could swing by for you.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast