User Tag List

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New TV tires needed

Only 21K miles on the original Transforce, but I noticed a deep gouge in the LF tire tread - about 2 inches long. Have no idea where that happened. If I were not towing, I'd probably stretch usage though it is below what most all season tread requirements are. Do not want any tire issues if possible and have about 7500 miles left to travel this year. Am looking at Michelin Agilis Crossclimates. I think they are pretty new. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran a set on my ‘17 RAM dually for one trip. Hated them , and I am a believer in Michelin tires. They were the worst rock slingers I have ever run. Also fuel consumption increased over the stock Nexens. Had Discount swap them out for a set of Bridgestones that I was very happy with. So much so that I had a set put on my ‘20 at about 17k miles.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Only 21K miles on the original Transforce, but I noticed a deep gouge in the LF tire tread - about 2 inches long. Have no idea where that happened. If I were not towing, I'd probably stretch usage though it is below what most all season tread requirements are. Do not want any tire issues if possible and have about 7500 miles left to travel this year. Am looking at Michelin Agilis Crossclimates. I think they are pretty new. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Thanks,
    John
    I had a similar experience with the Firestone Transforce tires which came on my 3500 Ram.
    I got 26,000 miles before replacing with Michelin Defender LTX.
    Bob A.
    Last edited by attaboy; 08-12-2022 at 06:12 AM. Reason: clarification on Type of tire
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I was looking at the Crossclimates was we do get snow here and the truck is my daily driver. But given the amount of gravel we will be pulling over, I really don't want rock slingers either. I put Defenders on my daughters F-350 but she's in North Carolina which worked out well for her. I haven't found a happy medium LT tire yet I guess that gives me decent winter traction but highway friendly. But I can't make the trip with the OEM tires.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michelin Defender LTX AT2 gets my vote. We travel on some gravel; yeah it slings but very little and I only notice it once we get back on hard-top roads & even then it is small gravel bits.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow and deal with snow and am very happy with Toyo OpenCountry AT2 so far. Been on the truck 2-1/2 years. My truck originally came with the transforce. They performed well the first year, but wore very fast and second winter they had no traction left in them.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997