User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me it would have been better to put in an inline filter or strainer if sediment is a concern. Never had this issue before now. Thanks for the explanation and advice. I'm not sure I want to go to that length to remedy it (and am peeved that I should have to) so I'll probably just have to live with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Pump pickups are above the bottom of the tank, the idea being the pump doesn't suck up any debris that may have settled in the tank bottom.
    I T'd off the dump valve and extended the winterization line to feed the pump. This got me 5-6 more usable gallons since I can drain the tank dry with the pump.
    I also put a valve on the overflow line. By doing this and using the gravity fill port I get another 5-6 gallons into the tank.
    Thanks for the explanation jmbopp. What you wrote makes sense. I have not installed the new pump yet. But hope to sometime in July. We will see if that fixes my problem...
    2021 Winnebago 2932 5th wheel
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla
    2018 Reflection 220RK - sold 11/20
    2018 Titan XD 4x4 SL - sold 11/20

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russholio View Post
    Seems to me it would have been better to put in an inline filter or strainer if sediment is a concern. Never had this issue before now. Thanks for the explanation and advice. I'm not sure I want to go to that length to remedy it (and am peeved that I should have to) so I'll probably just have to live with it.
    Sorry you are having the same issues Russ. Like you, I'm only willing to go to certain lengths to fix the problem.
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 G28 - Empty tanks. Add 28 gal of water (i have added before 100 gals). Pump will work for 3 gal and then stops. Add 3 gallons. Same, works about 3 gals. This means I can’t use 25% of fresh water. RV is perfectly leveled. Anyone has a diagram where the intake is located at?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djandrius View Post
    2021 G28 - Empty tanks. Add 28 gal of water (i have added before 100 gals). Pump will work for 3 gal and then stops. Add 3 gallons. Same, works about 3 gals. This means I can’t use 25% of fresh water. RV is perfectly leveled. Anyone has a diagram where the intake is located at?
    It must be frustrating to miss those 25 gallons. Often GD will provide you with a diagram if you email customer service with your VIN number.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***UPDATE***
    We are on a 2 month trip and I had a day to play with the fresh water system and water pump.

I started by checking my FW tank. To my surprise it drained another 2 to 3 gallons on the ground. I had drained it at another campground and assumed it was dry. Wrong...

So I decided to fill it up 1/2 (25 gal) way and see how much I could get out using the water pump. Water pump ran as it should and about 15 minutes later the pump ran dry. When I pulled the FW drain about 2-3 gallons came out.

So my conclusion is that a new water pump will not be a solution. Apparently my FW tank is especially sensitive to the degree of level I am at. As a side note, I have the LCI Level Up system and use it everywhere. So the human element in leveling is minimized.

I will live with 90 to 95% capture rate on my 50 FW tank.

Boomer
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I took the time to drop the coroplast to see what is happening with my 21g. I have two 50 gallon fresh tanks. My issue was not being able to get the last 25 gallons to pump. The pump would sputter like I was out of water.

Both tanks are as wide as the frame, about 30 inches front to back, and only about 5 inches deep. The water intakes are molded into the side/bottom of both tanks on the driver side. The intakes are tied together and lead to the pump. What I believe to be the issue is neither tank is supported very well in the middle. Even without water the middle is sagging below the intake level. None of the metal bands holding the tanks are tight, all of them sag down an inch or two below the already sagging middle of the tank. When you fill the tank with water I am willing to bet the weight causes the middle of both tanks to sag even further, well below the level of the intakes. When you add up a couple inches deep across both tanks I can see it equaling the amount of water I cannot reach.

With my observations, I can guess that others experiencing this issue have the exact same cause. The only difference being how loose their supports are thus impacting how much sag and how much water sits below the intake.

My water issue was reported during my warranty period. Working with GD to get resolved. Will report back on the resolution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65DA4AEB-2C7E-4605-82CE-2ADFFD446D52.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	42561
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A5C00FE3-A697-4BC2-B362-9A2CF36A102A.jpeg  
    Last edited by lmlayfield; 08-17-2022 at 05:21 PM.
    Tripp Layfield
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS - sold 8/22
    2021 Momentum 21G
    2020 Ram 2500 MegaCab 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmlayfield View Post
    Well I took the time to drop the coroplast to see what is happening with my 21g. I have two 50 gallon fresh tanks. My issue was not being able to get the last 25 gallons to pump. The pump would sputter like I was out of water.

Both tanks are as wide as the frame, about 30 inches front to back, and only about 5 inches deep. The water intakes are molded into the side/bottom of both tanks on the driver side. The intakes are tied together and lead to the pump. What I believe to be the issue is neither tank is supported very well in the middle. Even without water the middle is sagging below the intake level. None of the metal bands holding the tanks are tight, all of them sag down an inch or two below the already sagging middle of the tank. When you fill the tank with water I am willing to bet the weight causes the middle of both tanks to sag even further, well below the level of the intakes. When you add up a couple inches deep across both tanks I can see it equaling the amount of water I cannot reach.

With my observations, I can guess that others experiencing this issue have the exact same cause. The only difference being how loose their supports are thus impacting how much sag and how much water sits below the intake.

My water issue was reported during my warranty period. Working with GD to get resolved. Will report back on the resolution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65DA4AEB-2C7E-4605-82CE-2ADFFD446D52.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	42561
    Tripp, thanks for pics and detailed post on your rig. It was quite enlightening to see how the FW tank is installed including the pex line that feeds the pump.

It gives a clear picture how the pump could suck air with many gallons left in the tank. Especially if the tank supports allow it to sag when full!

Please keep us informed as GD responds to your problem. Good luck!

Boomer
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 268BH. Have this same issue. GD customer service was less than helpful. Became irritated when I suggested that the stated quantity was false advertising, saying it does hold the advertised amount. Had no response when I said it was misleading at best. Claimed to have never heard of the issue, yet I've seen it on multiple forums. Supposedly GD customer service is supposed to be a cut above but so far they seem to be no better than all the others. Shame on GD for allowing such a poorly designed tank to be used in their product, and for not taking responsibility for their decision.
    On the advice of a service technician at my dealer (name withheld because they aren't supposed to "coach" customers), I had GD create a claim number, which I then gave to the dealer. I don't know exactly how it happened, but GD agreed to cover the fix as a "one-time goodwill gesture" as it was out of warranty (even though I reported it when it was in warranty). Dealer told me the fix cost more than what GD gave them, but they did it anyhow (maybe it helps to be a longtime customer and on friendly terms with them, I don't know).

As far as the fix goes - - they removed the tank and sent it to another repair facility, who spin welded a new fitting on the bottom of the tank. To test it, I put 10 gallons in the tank and opened a faucet until the pump started sucking air (already an improvement, as previously 10 gallons wasn't even enough). When I opened the dump valve, maybe a cup or two drained out. So, I'm calling it good, problem resolved.

For those of you who don't want to fix it yourself, it may be worth it to try this route.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the advice of a service technician at my dealer (name withheld because they aren't supposed to "coach" customers), I had GD create a claim number, which I then gave to the dealer. I don't know exactly how it happened, but GD agreed to cover the fix as a "one-time goodwill gesture" as it was out of warranty (even though I reported it when it was in warranty). Dealer told me the fix cost more than what GD gave them, but they did it anyhow (maybe it helps to be a longtime customer and on friendly terms with them, I don't know).

As far as the fix goes - - they removed the tank and sent it to another repair facility, who spin welded a new fitting on the bottom of the tank. To test it, I put 10 gallons in the tank and opened a faucet until the pump started sucking air (already an improvement, as previously 10 gallons wasn't even enough). When I opened the dump valve, maybe a cup or two drained out. So, I'm calling it good, problem resolved.

For those of you who don't want to fix it yourself, it may be worth it to try this route.
    Thanks for posting an update Russ. And congrats on getting a fix on GD's dime!

I didn't know how much of a common problem this was until posting this topic a while ago...
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast