Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Blackstone

Just looked at a 36" Blackstone griddle with three air fryer/warmer drawers. About $600 at Walmart. Ace hardware has it for $800. Just cannot see how I could get this monster into the 5er. Guess I'll stick with our 17" one.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Just looked at a 36" Blackstone griddle with three air fryer/warmer drawers. About $600 at Walmart. Ace hardware has it for $800. Just cannot see how I could get this monster into the 5er. Guess I'll stick with our 17" one.
    Hi Dick, stick with the 17”. I have the 22” and it is really heavy, can’t even imagine the 36”.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi Dick, stick with the 17”. I have the 22” and it is really heavy, can’t even imagine the 36”.

Bill
    we tried the 36 and 22 inch for travelling, too big, heavy and just too darn cumbersome in truck.
    We travel with the 17, it stores very nicely where the outside mini fridge used to be.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Albeit not a Blackstone brand, I've found my Char Griller 28" flat iron griddle to be a really good size for us. It's legs fold under and collapses to fit perfectly between my Andersen hitch and the tailgate. It's of course not as light as a 17" but can be broken down to smaller parts to make for easy lifting. I like having 3 zones to temper the heat better and I always seem to need the bigger area for cooking. I'd love to get a bigger 36" version for home but the versatility of the 28" keeps me from going that route. I considered getting a 17" to replace the two burner stove in my outdoor kitchen but the area was a bit too small to make it fit. The one I have will have to work I guess ��.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 17" with the grill on the side. Never really used the grill so I went to the 22" Adventure griddle. It works better for the two of us as I cook a few things at the same time & different temps that the 17 just couldn't do.
    Loads in the basement, can pull out just the griddle, or it & the stand (if picnic tables are plastic) & it's lighter than the 17...still heavy though.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 17" is perfect for us.
    SWMBO loves it and it fits nicely in the basement on travel day.
    I did buy the hose kit so it hook up to our small propane tank. No more little green cans for us.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 22" model on the folding cart, it seems work ok,
    The question i have is anyone using theirs hooked up to the low pressure BBQ port on the trailer? I have used ours both ways, hooked up to the LP BBQ port on the trailer and hooked directly to a propane tank with a hose/regulator & adapter. Ours seems to not work well on the trailer bbq port, it does not get very hot. However when hooked up to a individual tank with hose/regulator it work very well and gets plenty hot.
    Curious what other have experienced.
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbolam View Post
    We have the 22" model on the folding cart, it seems work ok,
    The question i have is anyone using theirs hooked up to the low pressure BBQ port on the trailer? I have used ours both ways, hooked up to the LP BBQ port on the trailer and hooked directly to a propane tank with a hose/regulator & adapter. Ours seems to not work well on the trailer bbq port, it does not get very hot. However when hooked up to a individual tank with hose/regulator it work very well and gets plenty hot.
    Curious what other have experienced.
    We have the 22 and use it on the port when on a trip. At home I use it with a tank. I haven't notice a difference.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post

Bill
    We also have the 22 and love the size when I have to cook for 4 but do agree that it's heavy and awkward to move around.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI The blackstone 22" with stand is on clearance at some Walmarts for $129
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH