Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for anyone with real world experience with larger power stations

Hello, I am looking for anyone with real world experience with large battery power stations. I know the big ones are rather new, but hoping someone bit the bullet and bought one. We will be upgrading our trailer in the spring and I am considering a plug and pay option rather than a DYI solution for off grid, non generator, power.
    On our current trailer, I did the DYI thing, rooftop solar, lithium batteries, upgraded charger/converter, etc and it works fine. However, as this is built into the trailer, it goes with. I know that new trailers often come with some level of solar, but the factory packages are expensive for what you get, especially if you want something other than the basic packages. I don't need to run microwaves or AC units, but want to run a coffee pot and ice maker plus lights, TV and my CPAP. Thinking a power station plus ground solar for ease of install and portability. Also would allow for use other than with the trailer.
    I have a duel fuel 4500 W generator for backup if we run out of battery, but would like to be able to go 2 to 3 days off battery.
    So if you have any real world experience with the larger units, please let me know.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfett View Post
    Hello, I am looking for anyone with real world experience with large battery power stations. I know the big ones are rather new, but hoping someone bit the bullet and bought one. We will be upgrading our trailer in the spring and I am considering a plug and pay option rather than a DYI solution for off grid, non generator, power.
    On our current trailer, I did the DYI thing, rooftop solar, lithium batteries, upgraded charger/converter, etc and it works fine. However, as this is built into the trailer, it goes with. I know that new trailers often come with some level of solar, but the factory packages are expensive for what you get, especially if you want something other than the basic packages. I don't need to run microwaves or AC units, but want to run a coffee pot and ice maker plus lights, TV and my CPAP. Thinking a power station plus ground solar for ease of install and portability. Also would allow for use other than with the trailer.
    I have a duel fuel 4500 W generator for backup if we run out of battery, but would like to be able to go 2 to 3 days off battery.
    So if you have any real world experience with the larger units, please let me know.

Thanks
    Can't help you with the "large battery power stations", but I've got to say that with your experience I think you're going to be much happier in the long run with a system similar to what you have in your current coach. The "large battery power stations" don't appear to be plug-and-play and may not offer the same level of functionality that you've become used to.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S