Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upsidedown Shower Faucet?

We have a 2020 Reflection 295RL 5th wheel. The shower faucet lever handles stick straight out to the sides. The problem is that if you turn the right hand handle clockwise or down if you will, it turns on the water. Likewise if you turn the left handle counter-clockwise or down, it turns on the water. What is frustrating is that it is very easy to bump the handles or hang something like a washcloth or towel on the handle, thus turning on the water and making a mess if you are not standing in the shower ready to take a shower.

I have looked for round handles to replace the lever style but haven't found anything that will fit the faucet stem or at a reasonable price. The handle stems are not splined so I can't just reposition the handle. I am beginning to wonder if the whole faucet might have been installed upside down, thus making the direction to open them valves opposite which would eliminate the accidental opening.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or experienced the same dilemma and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    We have a 2020 Reflection 295RL 5th wheel. The shower faucet lever handles stick straight out to the sides. The problem is that if you turn the right hand handle clockwise or down if you will, it turns on the water. Likewise if you turn the left handle counter-clockwise or down, it turns on the water. What is frustrating is that it is very easy to bump the handles or hang something like a washcloth or towel on the handle, thus turning on the water and making a mess if you are not standing in the shower ready to take a shower.

I have looked for round handles to replace the lever style but haven't found anything that will fit the faucet stem or at a reasonable price. The handle stems are not splined so I can't just reposition the handle. I am beginning to wonder if the whole faucet might have been installed upside down, thus making the direction to open them valves opposite which would eliminate the accidental opening.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or experienced the same dilemma and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.
    Do you mean regular type handles that are positioned at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock when off?
    If so, that's what we have. 6 years into owning (and showering) in our rig and we've never had to hang washcloth off handles or accidentally turned water on/off while showering.

We hang our wet towels on the towel rack and/or over the shower rail over the doors. And there's a small, plastic handle in the shower, below the faucet handles if we need one for a washcloth.

We also installed a small plastic basket/container to hold shampoo/conditioner bottles. On occasion I've put my washcloth on that until the shower is done, then wring it out well and hang in over the top of the shower rails.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 09-21-2022 at 04:18 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Do you mean regular type handles that are positioned at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock when off?
    If so, that's what we have. 6 years into owning (and showering) in our rig and we've never had to hang washcloth off handles or accidentally turned water on/off while showering.

We hang our wet towels on the towel rack and/or over the shower rail over the doors. And there's a small, plastic handle in the shower, below the faucet handles if we need one for a washcloth.
    Same here, never had any issues with our 2019 295RL with the shower handles, which by the way, turn the same direction as the OPs.

We too use the towel rack and shower rail to dry our towels as well as apposed to using the handles. But, i would like to find a non-plastic quality replacement faucet set for both the shower and sink thats a matched set.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, non-issue here also.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use suction cup hooks in the shower (opposite end from the shower head) to hang washcloths on after we rinse and wring them out, so have never had the issue you describe. The shower faucet has been the same design in our previous Reflection and our current Solitude. If I recall correctly, the faucet knobs were round on the really cheap faucet in our Forest River TT... never hung anything on them, either.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issue here also. Handles are oriented same as OP's. We use bathroom command strips on the back wall to hang stuff on.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC