User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with getting a lawyer to recoup costs. As a retired Electrical Engineer I have to say the 50 amp response is obviously from someone who knows nothing. A staple through an incoming line is the root cause of the problem and the damage would have happened with 20, 30, or 50 amps.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the second thread I’ve read today that supports my belief that when it comes to electrical problems, do not take the word of someone who is not a qualified electrician!! Either a recommendation to make a change to your electrical wiring, or a verdict about the cause of your electrical issue. On another thread, an owner was advised to change a 50amp breaker for an 80 to solve a tripping problem. Very dangerous.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, just, wow. A dead short with a staple through a power line will cause problems no matter the amperage. Higher amperage, more power, bigger issues. Only a qualified electrician would know that…..don’t think so

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    This is the second thread I’ve read today that supports my belief that when it comes to electrical problems, do not take the word of someone who is not a qualified electrician!! Either a recommendation to make a change to your electrical wiring, or a verdict about the cause of your electrical issue. On another thread, an owner was advised to change a 50amp breaker for an 80 to solve a tripping problem. Very dangerous.
    Possibly. But in some cases GD under.sizes the breakers.
    My converter qiring is 6GA. The stock converter was 55 amps. GD installed a 30 amp breaker in the 6GA wire.

It is true that you need to know what you are doing when upsizing. But in some cases it is OK.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJon2017! View Post
    Wow, just, wow. A dead short with a staple through a power line will cause problems no matter the amperage. Higher amperage, more power, bigger issues. Only a qualified electrician would know that…..don’t think so
    That’s my point. Don’t take a non-qualified persons opinion as hard fact. The staple was the culprit, not the bogus 20 vs 50 argument.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a case where GD recommends upgrading a 50A breaker to 80A.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another thread, an owner was advised to change a 50amp breaker for an 80 to solve a tripping problem. Very dangerous.
    This was heavily discussed years ago when GD installed 50A breakers for the hydrualic pump when LCI (pump manufacturer) recommended a larger breaker for install. GD now uses 80A breakers for that pump.

Otherwise, yes, not always good to follow all advice you read online.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another prime example of someone talking without having a clue what they are talking about nor facts to back it up! Don't get me started on politicians!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Another prime example of someone talking without having a clue what they are talking about nor facts to back it up! Don't get me started on politicians!

That would be a wise thing to do....Not start talking about politicians/political topics.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12