Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    This works much better then other types of adhesive tapes:

https://www.amazon.com/underbelly-Ma...s%2C146&sr=8-5
    X2! Great stuff

I cut my underbelly into 4 strips, creating cross pieces as needed. An emergency caused the original wild surgery, but it's been great ever since. Too many thing protruding together them all lined up again.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember, if you do a 3 cut square, leave the uncut side facing the front.

Then close up with black gorilla tape.
    Retired U.S. Navy Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn, CC, 6.7 Cummins
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
    Remember, if you do a 3 cut square, leave the uncut side facing the front.

Then close up with black gorilla tape.
    Great Advice! Didn’t think of that one. Thank you.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    This works much better then other types of adhesive tapes:

https://www.amazon.com/underbelly-Ma...s%2C146&sr=8-5
    Thanks Minnow, I'm gonna have to order up some of that to keep the Gorilla tape company...and like Flystar, hope I never use it.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Thank you for all the great input. Will likely not cut it unless I have to, such as something in the middle and not enough time to do a proper drop/scrape/zip tie/reinstall/refoam.

A roll of 4” gorilla is going the tool box with the hope of never needing it. Right next to the PEX crimper and fittings and and volt meter and spare wet bolts and wheel bearings and AAV valves, and spare schwintec motor and cable and propane pigtail hoses and length of romex and …

I’m thinking about a welding machine. Not really.
    LOL...You don't have enough stuff yet.......I see you don't have these for your taps yet....in case there is a little room left in the tool box.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It's a pkg of ten. I haven't used yet but was told these are the ones to get from a knowledgeable person on the other site.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    You might consider (if you have access to one, otherwise they can be rented at most tool rental shops) a rolling transmission jack. I got mine at Harbor Freight years ago for tranny maint on my various vehicles. I used one on my coroplast to change out a dump valve and it worked great as a center placed deadman (similar to a sheet rock deadman) to hold up the coroplast in the very middle while I screwed in the sides. I just rolled it forward to lift the coroplast as I went from side to side screwing it back to the frame. Using this method I was able to do the entire job myself with no help, and, without cutting the coroplast - even on a gravel pad at a campground.

https://www.harborfreight.com/450-lb...ack-61232.html
    Handy tool for holding up a lot of things!

An on-the-road alternative is a 10ft 2X4, some leveling blocks and your truck jack or a bottle jack. Stack some blocks on one side just about the height of the belly. Span the belly with the 2x4, with one end on the blocks and the other on the jack. Raise the jack and adjust the blocks as needed to hold. If there are two of you, one can pull the coroplast forward and the other can raise the jack to hold it tight.

Did it this way when I helped a friend do several repairs and upgrades to his trailer.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    LOL...You don't have enough stuff yet.......I see you don't have these for your taps yet....in case there is a little room left in the tool box.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It's a pkg of ten. I haven't used yet but was told these are the ones to get from a knowledgeable person on the other site.
    I actually do have a bag of those already. And a spray can of brake kleen and grease and a grease gun with locking dohickey and wheel bearing seals and eternally yours bond tape and electrolyte grease and slide lube that the use of which has fallen out of favor these days. Some distilled water for the old shook batteries, a compressor, a little generator, a little can of gas for generator, a collapsible ladder, jack stands, bottle jack, heated hose 50’ long cuz you never know where that faucet will be, 3 different lengths and brand of sticky slinky with assorted doughnuts. Dewalt heat gun and heat shrink tubing, plumbers grease to keep the toilet seal lubed, a roll of twine just because, a bucket, a potable water tank that I’ve never used, two orange traffic cones, orange vest, fire extinguisher in the truck next to the umbrellas.

I’m thinking about a propane grill instead of the little Webber charcoal grill with charcoal and lighter. Yep.

Campsite carpet.

Tin snips. Torque wrench. Breaker bar.

Also love the 2 x 4 idea. No room for that in the truck but could get one if needed. Nice.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I actually do have a bag of those already. And a spray can of brake kleen and grease and a grease gun with locking dohickey and wheel bearing seals and eternally yours bond tape and electrolyte grease and slide lube that the use of which has fallen out of favor these days. Some distilled water for the old shook batteries, a compressor, a little generator, a little can of gas for generator, a collapsible ladder, jack stands, bottle jack, heated hose 50’ long cuz you never know where that faucet will be, 3 different lengths and brand of sticky slinky with assorted doughnuts. Dewalt heat gun and heat shrink tubing, plumbers grease to keep the toilet seal lubed, a roll of twine just because, a bucket, a potable water tank that I’ve never used, two orange traffic cones, orange vest, fire extinguisher in the truck next to the umbrellas.

I’m thinking about a propane grill instead of the little Webber charcoal grill with charcoal and lighter. Yep.

Campsite carpet.

Tin snips. Torque wrench. Breaker bar.

Also love the 2 x 4 idea. No room for that in the truck but could get one if needed. Nice.
    Do you have any spare leaf springs?
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorilla tape lasted a year. We had a stuck grey tank valve thanks to a "factory" wood cutout dropped into the tank.

Local mobile RV tech told me he uses a quality silicone caulk adhesive and a political signs to patch corroplast.

Worked for me. Held everything in place with staples until the caulk dried. A little black spray paint and a good use for all those stupid signs.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/DAP-Dynafle...Caulk/50149252
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our original dealer recommended mobile home underbelly repair tape - even gave me some years ago to get started on a project. It held for years.

https://smile.amazon.com/underbelly-...s%2C114&sr=8-4

https://smile.amazon.com/Mobile-Bell...s%2C114&sr=8-3

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast