User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Built on Monday or Friday

Have had numerous issues nothing earth shattering. But frustrating for a brand new trailer. Lots of trim issues screws found every where. But one of the screws damaged our floor when the slide out was brought in. Tv connections weren’t hooked up properly. Just lots of little stuff.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gvhill View Post
    Have had numerous issues nothing earth shattering. But frustrating for a brand new trailer. Lots of trim issues screws found every where. But one of the screws damaged our floor when the slide out was brought in. Tv connections weren’t hooked up properly. Just lots of little stuff.
    Sad to say, but finding random screws inside isn't unusual. I always check the edge of the slides before I put them in for traveling, and have found screws, rocks, bits of wire.

Our TV never worked well, and finally died about 10 months into ownership. We bought and installed a new, better TV.

Just remember, every time you take your rig out - it's like your house having an earthquake - it's quite likely there's going to be some sort of damage over time.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Sad to say, but finding random screws inside isn't unusual. I always check the edge of the slides before I put them in for traveling, and have found screws, rocks, bits of wire.

Our TV never worked well, and finally died about 10 months into ownership. We bought and installed a new, better TV.

Just remember, every time you take your rig out - it's like your house having an earthquake - it's quite likely there's going to be some sort of damage over time.

Do Sumo springs on the RV alleviate the earthquake syndrome?
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Bob A.
    It doesn't eliminate it, but helps to absorb most bumps and jounces. It made a world of difference on our 320MKS.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Bob A.
    We installed the Sumo springs on our coach this summer and it made a big difference. On a recent trip, I accidentally left my travel mug on the counter. The DW was imagining a mess as the contents of the mug would be all over. But even though we'd been through a rough construction zone, the mug was still on the counter when we stopped to get it. No more picking things up off the floor after each trip, even big "bumps" are no longer a problem.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gvhill View Post
    After bringing in my LR slides a small piece of gravel damaged the floor (folded a piece of the lino under) was able to fix. We now sweep the floor & check under slides EVERY time before bringing them all in.
    After having quite a few warranty issues I asked GD the Monday or Friday question. He looked up my vin & said it was built on a Tuesday
    And yea, you'll find screws, sawdust, trim pieces that may or may not go somewhere, sheared screws, loose fittings, screwy wiring etc. But if you're somewhat handy, the little things are the easy fix.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC