User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rv market

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The last time it was big money was in 2008, 2009.

Motorhomes had $10k or more back end rebates on them.

There are a few manufacturer's that have rebates now, but they don't mean much...$500 doesn't go very far when you are into a new trailer for $6000-10,000 more than you were 2 years ago.
    Steve,
    We all value your participation on this forum and I know many people seek you out, but don' take this the wrong way. The information that you are sharing on this topic can't be completely forthcoming since you are involved with RV Sales and divulging too much information about your bottom line now or in the future would jeopardize your career. Your voice is very valued on this forum, but this topic seems controversial to me for you to be involved.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    Steve,
    We all value your participation on this forum and I know many people seek you out, but don' take this the wrong way. The information that you are sharing on this topic can't be completely forthcoming since you are involved with RV Sales and divulging too much information about your bottom line now or in the future would jeopardize your career. Your voice is very valued on this forum, but this topic seems controversial to me for you to be involved.
    Mark
    Believe me, when back end money hits the industry, you will know it. Nothing secret about it.

As of right now, there are hundreds of new units sitting in Indiana with Manufacturer Reps begging dealers to take. There are some plants that are shut down until end of January...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    Steve,
    Mark
    I'll go the other way. I don't see an issue at all. I appreciate any information @huntr70 is willing to share. He's not going disclose something he can't and I've never seen him be misleading. We're all free to listen to or ignore any information that anyone posts. This topic is about the RV market, I'm not sure who on this forum is more qualified to discuss that. We all have whatever anecdotal information/experiences, he lives it everyday. In the second post on this topic he is asked for his opinion on the subject. In the post you quote he was responding to someone else directly asking him a question.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My input should be taken just like ALL internet input....with a grain of salt.

Believe what you want to, scroll on past what you don't....LOL
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

As of right now, there are hundreds of new units sitting in Indiana with Manufacturer Reps begging dealers to take. There are some plants that are shut down until end of January...
    This has got to be a good indicator of the "new" RV market at the present time. I'm interested in seeing what the "used" market is going to do when buyers from the past 2 years (that have paid premium prices) decide to sell their trailers.

BTW, I appreciate all your comments and info.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve;

Just wanted to say thanks for your input on this forum

Im new here and im trying like the dickens to get someone in Texas to sell me a GD 398 at a reasonable price and I cant find a 398 or a reasonable price either one.....anywhere....except maybe about 800 miles from here.

Anyway I learn a lot here and i learn a lot from your posts..

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @huntr70
    See above.

I concur…much appreciate your posts.
    Last edited by LMagelitz; 12-22-2022 at 08:50 PM.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new here so I don't want to overstep boundaries but offer my thoughts on the Wingman Video. I do watch him and enjoy his take on some topics but you might notice that he is sponsored by Forest River. In other words this is not an unbiased opinion and he certainly has some skin in the game with regard to promoting Forest River products.

During my research about what RV manufacturers to avoid Almost every list included Forest River. They are owned by Berkshire Hathaway who will drive the quality into the ground for profit margins.

Grand Design did not show up on a single list as an RV manufacturer to avoid. So Forest River has a poor quality reputation issues. I believe Wingman is simply trying to help his sponsor this gap in quality between DG and FR. In other words Wingman is sponsored by Forest River and has a obligation. Feel free to disagree.......we are all RV'ers........Kid /Don

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123