User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC distribution panel

First post here but have been reading a lot of the forums. Great information to be found here. Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.

I have a 2020 Reflection 303RLS. Replacing the batteries with lithium and going to replace the stock converter with a Victron Multiplus which I already had from a previous trailer. I don't have the newer Multiplus II so can't power both sides of my panel so will be rewiring some circuits to a subpanel so we can utilize them with the inverter.

In my AC distribution panel I have one 20A breaker labelled A/C, on the other leg I have another one that appears to be a single pole breaker but is twice as wide as the regular breakers which is labelled Optional Microwave / A/C. The trailer only has one A/C unit and no second microwave. Any ideas what this one might power?

I have also reached out to Grand Design today on this but based on some of the posts I've read the breakers may not always end up wired where their plans are.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Original fuse panel configuration.jpg  
    Gary & Carrie
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4, Crew Cab, Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gc25000 View Post
    Turn off the power outside. Remove the 4 screws holding the circuit breaker cover on. See if the 20 amp breaker actually has a wire attached to it. If it does, I guess you try to trace where the wire goes. Some of the outside power posts that we connect to have electrical meters on them (like a house). If you turn off the breaker can you tell if the spinning thing slows down?
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, I would pull the cover off and see if there is a wire connected to the output side of the breaker. Another option is to open all breakers except the main and that optional breaker and see if any 120v items have power.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since all Reflections are 50 amp service and come with 2nd a/c prep, it is for the bedroom a/c circuit.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The preprinted label is printed for two breakers in that slot. A 15amp 2nd microwave and a 20 amp A/C. Since your build did not likely come with a second microwave, that double size breaker is for your second A/C. If it is not installed I would leave that breaker off in case the other end is just laying in a void somewhere. Could be a shocker if your were rooting around and touched a bare wire. More than likely it is a protected end but we have all seen head scratchers when we start looking around at factory installs.

Good luck.
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    The preprinted label is printed for two breakers in that slot. A 15amp 2nd microwave and a 20 amp A/C. Since your build did not likely come with a second microwave, that double size breaker is for your second A/C. If it is not installed I would leave that breaker off in case the other end is just laying in a void somewhere. Could be a shocker if your were rooting around and touched a bare wire. More than likely it is a protected end but we have all seen head scratchers when we start looking around at factory installs.

Good luck.
    Thanks. I will turn that breaker off and if we find anything that doesn't work we'll turn it back on and test. Seems odd that they would even install the breaker if neither second a/c or microwave were ordered. I can understand wiring for them and leaving an unconnected, labelled wire in the panel or accessible behind it but seems dangerous to leave the wires that have no connection at the other end hot even if they are capped somehow.

Gary
    Gary & Carrie
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gc25000 View Post
    Thanks. I will turn that breaker off and if we find anything that doesn't work we'll turn it back on and test. Seems odd that they would even install the breaker if neither second a/c or microwave were ordered. I can understand wiring for them and leaving an unconnected, labelled wire in the panel or accessible behind it but seems dangerous to leave the wires that have no connection at the other end hot even if they are capped somehow.

Gary
    Odds are, you will find an outlet or 2 that do not work. There is usually something hooked up to the circuit.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Odds are, you will find an outlet or 2 that do not work. There is usually something hooked up to the circuit.
    Thanks, we are getting a blast of cold arctic weather for the next few and expecting daytime highs to be unusually cold at around -5C, 23F so once we get back to normal and above freezing on the weekend I'll get in there and test the circuits.
    Gary & Carrie
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 29RS. When I installed my inverter, I swapped the loads since the inverter was only going to power one leg. I swear the AC next to the second microwave was used for the bedroom. I also swear the 2nd Microwave was or the refrigerator outside. It's really not hard to do. Leave the consumer on and switch the breaker.

With out a doubt, I would not trust anything I wrote down but if I am right, I will be the first one to say, I told you so. Of course, yours is a different model so nothing could be related except that we both have a MY '20 Grand Design.

Notice, I covered all the bases.