Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member, new problems!

2018 351M Momentum Nautilus NP1

Greetings!
    Went through the deep freeze recently in Tn. Unhooked from the city water connection, drained down to the low points, set the thermostat on 45 and went to ride out the cold with family. At some point, the propane ran out...
    After several plus freezing days, we returned and hooked up the city water to find only a trickle of water at the rear bathroom sink (hot and cold, I believe) AND the water inlet on the toilet leaking into the bowl. No water at the kitchen or master bath/shower. Water DOES drain at the low points. At the faucet in the bay, I have only cold water. Nautilus settings are correct. I have cleaned screens to the intake at the nautilus and verified flow. Running about 50lbs pressure at the spigot but have tried higher. No signs of leaks from the underbelly or in the crawlspace.

As everyone knows, a diagram is non-existent...unless someone has made their own. Just a flow path would be incredibly helpful.

Please help!!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may not be completely thewed yet. The low point drains do not get all the water out. I suggest leaving the city water turned off when you are waiting for the thaw. only turn it on while testing. What about the waste tanks? Are they draining? If you make it through with no leaks, man, head to Vegas.
    2017 Solitude ST360RL
    Victron solar
    2005 Ram 3500 DRW
    Retired, Full time since 09/2021

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robNeedles View Post

Greetings!
    Went through the deep freeze recently in Tn. Unhooked from the city water connection, drained down to the low points, set the thermostat on 45 and went to ride out the cold with family. At some point, the propane ran out...
    After several plus freezing days, we returned and hooked up the city water to find only a trickle of water at the rear bathroom sink (hot and cold, I believe) AND the water inlet on the toilet leaking into the bowl. No water at the kitchen or master bath/shower. Water DOES drain at the low points. At the faucet in the bay, I have only cold water. Nautilus settings are correct. I have cleaned screens to the intake at the nautilus and verified flow. Running about 50lbs pressure at the spigot but have tried higher. No signs of leaks from the underbelly or in the crawlspace.

As everyone knows, a diagram is non-existent...unless someone has made their own. Just a flow path would be incredibly helpful.

Please help!!!
    Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your freeze-up. I'm sure there are other Momentum owners here who will try to help out.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. Crank up the furnace and get things nice and warm ( say 70+ )for a day or so.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bet everything is not thawed yet also. I would be concerned about the Water Heater too. If you didn't drain it, there may be issues!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group.
    I also agree that you may not be all thawed up yet. Crank up that furnace and please keep us posted.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savagkd View Post
    It may not be completely thewed yet. The low point drains do not get all the water out. I suggest leaving the city water turned off when you are waiting for the thaw. only turn it on while testing. What about the waste tanks? Are they draining? If you make it through with no leaks, man, head to Vegas.
    Funny thing is, we just came from Tucson!
    We drained the waste tanks before we left and haven't really accumulated anything in there. I'll run some water into the flush when I get back over there.
    Thanks!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I would bet everything is not thawed yet also. I would be concerned about the Water Heater too. If you didn't drain it, there may be issues!
    Don't like the sound of that. What kind of issues we talking here? Rupture? Clogging?
    Should I just go ahead and plan on flushing it while I'm doing all this stuff anyway?

Thanks!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the leaking toilet? Too much pressure from a freeze down the line? Damage form the freeze itself?

Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robNeedles View Post

Greetings!

Please help!!!
    I've been behind the pass through storage wall and its a maze of water lines. Doing suspension work recently, I found the rear toilet/sink lines running along the frame on the roadside/driver side of the unit. I'm not sure if the kitchen sink lines "t" off these lines. I have discovered with our unit that the "low point" drains do not drain everything. I usually pull the anode out of the water heater to help things along. The first time I used air to purge the lines, A LOT of water came out. Like about 3 gallons. If I remember correctly, the low point drain valves are at the same level of the floor, top of the I-beam frame. It seems that the water lines for the kitchen and rear toilet hang below floor level, "sagging". I just realized this as I am typing. This should be why there is a lot of water left in the lines. Not real sure but I will be looking into it this weekend. May be another project to install real low point drains at the rear toilet lines which would truly make it the "low point".
    I agree with others with turning up the heat and giving the unit time to warm up and defrost. The toilet leak sounds like the foot lever valve may have cracked from the freeze.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast