User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dual Mopeka sensors with one tank empty

Installed these a couple of weeks ago. Have an automatic switchover regulator. Watched the first tank get down to 1% on the following days. But now it is showing a variable amount (12-15%) in orange (rather than normal green) as the second tank empties. Is this normal behavior for a sensor that can't sense anything? Or do I have tanks trying to equalize?
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Installed these a couple of weeks ago. Have an automatic switchover regulator. Watched the first tank get down to 1% on the following days. But now it is showing a variable amount (12-15%) in orange (rather than normal green) as the second tank empties. Is this normal behavior for a sensor that can't sense anything? Or do I have tanks trying to equalize?
    That is normal. As the temperature fluctuates, the minute amount in the tank will convert between liquid and gas.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to what @MoonShadow_1911 said, if the bottom of the tank is not really clean and you didn't use conductive grease when you placed the sensor, the readings can be a bit "wobbly." My empty tank often fluctuates between 2% and 4% on the Mopeka system as the regulator starts pulling from the other tank. I also had to sand some of the paint off of two tanks I bought at Tractor Supply - they really coated them well! (I keep four tanks so I can take two at a time to get them filled.)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015