User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    Just completed about 1100 miles on the new Roadmaster Slipper Spring system. I like everything except the squeaking noise it makes from the springs riding against the wear pads. Sounds like my old WD hitch on our travel trailer when we made turns. I've talked to 2 Roadmaster techs. One said to not lube anything, and the other said to spray grease between wear pads and the springs. Hmmm .... I may try some of the dry graphite spray.
    Good Morning. I finished my install of this system 2 weekends ago but have yet to install the shocks. I have a 351M 5er and the shocks on mine will have to be compressed about 3/4" to fit. Or, extend the extension plate and drill holes to make it fit. The plate is too short. Instructions say not to compress shock from the indicated mounting length or damage will/may occur. When I called support, the answer I got was not very reassuring. I was told it would be "OK", "never heard of your type of issue".

So my questions to you is if your shock install landed on the manufacture holes? And, did you compress the shock any to make it fit?

Thx
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    Good Morning. I finished my install of this system 2 weekends ago but have yet to install the shocks. I have a 351M 5er and the shocks on mine will have to be compressed about 3/4" to fit. Or, extend the extension plate and drill holes to make it fit. The plate is too short. Instructions say not to compress shock from the indicated mounting length or damage will/may occur. When I called support, the answer I got was not very reassuring. I was told it would be "OK", "never heard of your type of issue".

So my questions to you is if your shock install landed on the manufacture holes? And, did you compress the shock any to make it fit?

Thx
    Just to be clear, I believe you are talking about the lower shock mount brackets that attach to the axle. Even with the shock in the lowest hole, you still need to compress the shock an additional 3/4 to fit. I don't remember needing to do that on my Solitude, but then again I was reusing shocks as I originally had the Roadmaster Shock Kit on my old equalizer suspension before moving to the slipper system. I honestly don't think it will be an issue. I've called Roadmaster Tech Support multiple times and spoke with someone different each time. You might try calling back again in hopes of getting another tech. If you get the same one, you could request that he check with some of his peers. I also attached a video where you can see how much shock movement there is with this system. Its not as much as I thought it might be.

https://fb.watch/h7xFSJ_tYv/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roadmaster.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	44014
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    That's the way I was figuring on doing it. Did you get the shocks and everything? I'd be interested in how it goes, and if you run into any issues.

I'm kind of leaning that way but moving up to the 8,000 lb. springs rather than the 7,000 lb., but not changing the axles. But nothing definite yet.
    I was also looking into using the 8000lb springs, did you try that? They have 2 additional springs (7 total). I believe this will raise the ride height about 3/4". I also was thinking if I didn't like the ride, I could remove the 2 additional springs but not sure if the remaining 5 springs would be equivalent to the 7K spring pack.
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    I was also looking into using the 8000lb springs, did you try that? They have 2 additional springs (7 total). I believe this will raise the ride height about 3/4". I also was thinking if I didn't like the ride, I could remove the 2 additional springs but not sure if the remaining 5 springs would be equivalent to the 7K spring pack.
    I decided I didn't really want to do the extra work to install the slipper springs and shock absorbers. So I replaced the 3,500 lb. rated springs with 4,000 lb. rated springs. The 4,000 lb. springs had one more leaf than the 3,500 lb. springs. I also installed the Dexter EZ-Flex equalizer and wet bolt kit. The trailer seems to ride okay, even over some of the gawdawful roads we traveled.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    I'll be installing the Slipper Spring system on our 2930 in the next couple weeks. When doing wheel bearings, wet bolt replacements, etc. I typically lift the side of the trailer that I'm working on with the leveling jacks (along with safety stands etc). I'm planning to do the same for the slipper spring system - install one side and then the other vs. installing while the trailer is lifted on both sides. Anyone see an issue installing one side at a time?
    That is how I did mine as long as you are not changing axles (Which I did later).

TIPS:
    1) Do not screw around with crappy supports you will be banging around down there. I double stacked 6x6's forward and rear.
    2) Dip your drill bit in oil religiously when drilling the frame
    3) Eye protection from shavings (ask me how I know prescription frames were not enough)
    4) Be sure Roadmaster sent you the right spacers before you start the job (ask me how I figured that out)
    5) be sure to place the V shaped spacer correctly.
    6) Retorque everything after your first trip- it will loosen up.

Its actually easier that the manual makes it look just be safe.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12