User Tag List

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    When I swapped the OEM shackles, bolts and bushings in my previous trailer the MorRyde wet bolts that came in the kit seemed to be an exact match to the OEM bolts other than the fact that they were wet bolts. So if you just order OEM replacement bolts I would think it would be a perfect fit. Is that what you were asking?
    That's what I was wondering. Thanks, @Riverbug !
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    I did that today. I took one wheel completely off and all looked clean. I hand packed that bearing and just put a couple squirts into the other ones as I rotated the tires. The power grease guns are just like hand pump, as long as you don't have the locking end on it. Those bolts that weren't taking the grease pushed me right off the zirk.
    I repacked my bearings last week while I had the wheels off to install my RoadArmor eq and Morryde shackles and wet bolts. I thought the same thing. First wheel looked nice and clean so maybe I'll just EZ-lube the rest. Fortunately I decided against that. On the last hub I went to service, there were no issues with rotation, but it was tough to get the hub off the spindle. Upon inspection, I found that the outer bearing cage was no longer perfectly round. I'm not sure how that even happens, but I went ahead and replaced that bearing with a made-in-USA Timken. I'll probably do the rest next year.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know. I'm (being dangerous here) assuming they are the same size.

BTW, I was referring to me in a moment of cloudy thinking, trying to grease them. I do all the maintenance and repairs myself as well.
    They supposedly don't need greasing, but I can't see that accidentally trying to grease them would hurt anything. Do they specifically forbid greasing?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    They supposedly don't need greasing, but I can't see that accidentally trying to grease them would hurt anything. Do they specifically forbid greasing?
    That's what I understand. They are "designed" to replace the nylon bushings that come with a standard kit.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Grease supposedly will degrade the bushings over time, so all parts that touch the bushings are supposed to be thoroughly cleaned prior to installation and if they would be greased by accident, they should be removed and everything thoroughly cleaned again; according to eTrailer.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be very interested to see how these never fails hold up over time. Never used them before and going off what others have said in the forum. I would be thrilled if they hold up. After changing the nylon bushings from 6 months of travel on the last trailer, I'll be happy to immediately swap them out on the new trailer this spring. It will be a pleasant surprise if I check the Never Fails next year and find no problems.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be very interested to see how these never fails hold up over time. Never used them before and going off what others have said in the forum. I would be thrilled if they hold up. After changing the nylon bushings from 6 months of travel on the last trailer, I'll be happy to immediately swap them out on the new trailer this spring. It will be a pleasant surprise if I check the Never Fails next year and find no problems.
    My Never fails are around 6+ years old (maybe 30,000 mi) and still look like new. Checked a couple of them a few months ago during bearing repack.

You will be pleased! ... and correct, do not grease them!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that these should be 9/16" ID x 11/16" OD x ?" L. It just says for tandem axle and couldn't verify the length anywhere online but it must be out there. Anyway, I can measure once received and will report back.
    Yes, please let us know the dimensions. Do all Grand Design Dexter springs use the same dimension as far as the bushings?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe all the springs are same, regardless if they are Dexter or not. When I was searching for springs for my Momentum, everywhere I looked, the specs for the same rated springs were the same. They were all, I believe, 1 3/4" wide. If that's so, the bolts will all be the same length, with the shoulder dimension the same.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought so too. I've got a Dexter catalog so I could look through the different axle weights and see if they use the same bushing part number.

Wonder if there is anyone on the forum that has used the Never Fails and confirm they do last forever?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast