User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friends,

Hadn’t occurred to me to request warranty fix and now out of time. Assumed I had done something like overload the drawer.

I’ve mucked with it so much now I think I need to replace the rails the drawer slides into. The one side doesn’t slide freely.

If anyone has done this and knows where to purchase them please let me know .

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 351M has several drawers all whacked out. Mostly the kitchen area, and one on the wardrobe. Havent fixed them yet but on the "to do" list...pisses ya off to spend this kind of money and have crappy drawers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hergott View Post
    Friends,

Hadn’t occurred to me to request warranty fix and now out of time. Assumed I had done something like overload the drawer.

I’ve mucked with it so much now I think I need to replace the rails the drawer slides into. The one side doesn’t slide freely.

If anyone has done this and knows where to purchase them please let me know .
    You can get the slides at Home Depot or Lowe’s. Also a good hardware store.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWood View Post
    I’ve had two drawers come completely apart during travel. Overloaded the first one with 3 bottles of wine(?). The other had beach towels… not too heavy. Will have to completely rebuild the latest one as a piece of the drawer side splintered off. The sides are held together by 1/8” staples? No glue, not much penetration on the staples. The back ends of the slides slip out of the brackets… which aren’t connected to anything substantial. Will screw through them if I can.

Poor workmanship. Just out of warranty when the first one happened. I’ll rebuild them and install child latches to make sure the don’t come open next time.
    Had a similar experience with the rig that we just moved to. Put a couple screwdrivers and pliers in the the outside kitchen drawer, only yo have the bottom fall out in two days. Much like the OP's struggle, I went through the bunkhouse drawers and had a similar tale about staples/"squareness"/etc...
    Bobby and Jessica
    2022 Reflection 311BHS "The Farmhouse"
    2012 F350 CC/CM Flatbed/7k bags "Johnny"
    Cats x 2 (Rosco the Rascal and Vinny Da Cat)
    Aussie Cattle Dog "BlueBell"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    You can get the slides at Home Depot or Lowe’s. Also a good hardware store.
    I was just looking for side mount ball bearing drawer slides the other day at HD and Lowe's. The drawer slide length needed for the drawers in the hutch of our rig are 12" plus an inch or so additional for the rear wall hanger mount. I couldn't find 12" slides at HD or Lowe's either in-store or on line. I ended up ordering soft close slides from https://www.cabinetparts.com/c/drawe...-drawer-slides

I also ordered soft close slides for the pantry drawers hoping it will keep those closed during travel.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar problem on my 2600RB - my pot drawer looks the same as the pics. How do you remove the drawer from the rails - can't even figure that out?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiaL View Post
    I have a similar problem on my 2600RB - my pot drawer looks the same as the pics. How do you remove the drawer from the rails - can't even figure that out?
    There are black levers in each track
    One goes up and one goes down
    Hold them while you pull the drawer off
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And be ready to have some lube on your fingers after that, lol
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofsometrades View Post
    We recently purchased a new Imagine XLS 17MKE and love the size and the layout. Truly one of the best couples trailers on the market. I thought I was buying one of the best built campers on the market... Until this.

So I found several of the drawers lined up with one side or the other sticking out, and some not staying latched which could be a problem going down the road. The worst drawer was the under stove pots and pans drawer. I thought maybe the catches were not adequate, but also noticed that the right side stuck out much more than the left, so i decided to do some investigating. I pulled the drawer out and what I found was dumbfounding. 1st, I found the drawer slide flange installed with light duty stapes. So I thought maybe they were loose and installing a screw into what appears to be a screw slot would help. It didn't.

Attachment 35164

I decided to put a square on the drawer slides and was shocked when I found both slides to be out of square 1/2". With the drawer sticking out on one side, this made sense.

Attachment 35165

They literally slapped the slides in, eyeballed it, and slapped some staples in. The staples appear to be the same gauge as my desk stapler, and that is the only thing that is holding the slides in place. I would imagine after a few trips those staples would be on the floor and the drawer unable to open.

But wait, there's more. There are two vents which run under the drawer, and they stand proud of the slides and would likely get torn up at some point the more you open and close the drawer. I can not believe this is how this should have been installed. Looks like we got a "Friday Trailer".

Attachment 35167

So I removed the desk stapler staples, squared up the slides, and installed screws to hold them in place. In addition, I took a metal step shingle, and turned it into a shield for the vents on each side of the cabinet. There were two wires on the right side which also dangled in the way of the drawer which a secured to the wall of the cabinet.

Now the drawers close properly, they are equal on each side, the catches now work, and the job was done right. One drawer down, and 8 more to go. I understand that these units are built on an assembly line. But the corners that were cut seem ridiculous. Now I have to go back and make it right which is a pain in the butt. I am sure they install these slides before the counter top goes in, and doing the work with counter top in place will make re-aligning the small drawers feel like micro surgery. Thank goodness I am pretty handy. I can't imagine what someone would do if they didn't have the skills to repair what Grand Design should have done correctly from the get go. And there is no way I would let the Stealer service department touch this situation. I don't need the problem made worse.

Grand Design campers appear to be well built on the surface. When you go behind the surface, not so much. How many of you bought a Grand Design trailer this season and have wonky drawers? They can be fixed, but they should have been done right from the factory.

Welcome to the world of RV manufacturing! Unfortunately this is the accepted assembly practice of almost every RV maker. High end or low end, doesn't matter. Part of being an RV owner is being handy and it sounds like you are very capable of tackling these projects. Another part is making modifications of your trailer to make it to your liking. Some owners find this fun. You are correct in your decision to do these repairs yourself. Now you know they are done right and you didn't have to take your rig to a dealer and wait for many months for repairs that probably wouldn't have been done to your satisfaction.
    Sad situation but that's the way it is.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of drawer issues, and mounting issues in general, 21 17MKE, just bought a new shade for the large window by the door, the screws came loose driving down the road, whole assembly was in pieces. One of the drawers under the bed, screws came out, drawer was sliding up and down the walkway. Yes, several staples holding drawers together, sofa pulled out of the wood base on the slideout, the mounts were overtight and stripped out the wood. Wondering if this is like the car business, everything is a little laxed and built too quickly during the covid years. Now its in the shop for slideout issues, out of warranty of course, but there is a TSB that tells them the issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123