User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out issues

2021 GD transcend xplor 265BH. I was extending the slide and saw a tear in the floor. No rocks or anything under the slide. Does this mean I need a slide out adjustment? When I was extending it I did notice one side would go out before the other and it kind of shimmied out while extending.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it is out of sync. The procedure is in your owners manual

It is imperative to never stop the slide while in motion and I hold my button for 10 seconds after it is done moving

Are you on shore power? Slides need lots of 12 volt power
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something is off if there is a tear in the floor. Check for a screw head poking down from the bottom of the slide floor. Watch to see if the floor starts to dip and slide against the floor once comes in a bit. As a stop-gap you can get those heavy duty felt type furniture/floor protectors with the adhesive backing. There are larger squares that you could put in the corners and along the middle underside of the slide floor to help from damaging the floor further until you figure out what the problem is. Good luck!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank y’all for the quick replies. I’m taking it to the local dealer tomorrow and they are going to see if it needs adjustment. Told me they would have it back same day. I will let y’all know what they tell me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 GD 315RLTS. Same thing happened to us recently. A screw head had backed out thru the bottom of slide material. Visible from underneath outside. We are in the middle of a 6 week trip. Documented by pics with my dealer and will get it addressed when we return. Fortunately it was still under warranty. Curious how GD will go about fixing the floor?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I just got it back yesterday from the local rv shop. They told me it needed adjusting. I looked under the slide and it looks like they raised it on one side. It slides in and out smooth as butter now.just need to repair the vinyl floor now [emoji58]

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluffrat361 View Post
    Ok so I just got it back yesterday from the local rv shop. They told me it needed adjusting. I looked under the slide and it looks like they raised it on one side. It slides in and out smooth as butter now.just need to repair the vinyl floor now [emoji58]
    Wow, great results. And so quickly, you have an excellent local RV shop. Would you be willing to post some pictures of the fix, it might help someone with a similar problem down the road.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your descriptions, you have Schwintec slide mechanisms. You might want to keep an eye on the gear tracks for the Schwintec on the side of the slide. If they adjusted the slide up or down without adjusting the tracks the gears in the motors may start chewing up the tracks. I doubt it's an issue if it's moving better than it was, but still.....
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Wow, great results. And so quickly, you have an excellent local RV shop. Would you be willing to post some pictures of the fix, it might help someone with a similar problem down the road.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8322.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	45410

Name:	IMG_8322.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	45410

Name:	IMG_8324.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	45411

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Based on your descriptions, you have Schwintec slide mechanisms. You might want to keep an eye on the gear tracks for the Schwintec on the side of the slide. If they adjusted the slide up or down without adjusting the tracks the gears in the motors may start chewing up the tracks. I doubt it's an issue if it's moving better than it was, but still.....
    I was told by GD I have a Lippert slide out. As I tried to get them to cover this under warranty since the floor was damaged. Which was unsuccessful. I’ve actually had kinda bad experience with grand design warranty claims. Kinda bummed because that’s one of the biggest reasons I went with this brand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast