User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Del,

If you are up for an "experiment" . . . try measuring how much water you get out of your accumulator tank at 25 psi vs 40 psi set pressure.

I had this discussion with a member of this forum way back in June 2015! At the time, Brent was going on advice that his accumulator tank should be at something like 7 psi. See post 80 (and nearby ones) on this thread for our discussions and his experiment. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...t-s-Mods/page6 and the Youtube video that he posted is still live.

The difference in available accumulator water volume between 25 psi and 40 psi set points will be much less than Brent's experiment, but should still be measurable. How ever much water your accumulator takes in between these two pressures is the amount that you can't get out, before the pump starts.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Del,

If you are up for an "experiment" . . . try measuring how much water you get out of your accumulator tank at 25 psi vs 40 psi set pressure.

I had this discussion with a member of this forum way back in June 2015! At the time, Brent was going on advice that his accumulator tank should be at something like 7 psi. See post 80 (and nearby ones) on this thread for our discussions and his experiment. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...t-s-Mods/page6 and the Youtube video that he posted is still live.

The difference in available accumulator water volume between 25 psi and 40 psi set points will be much less than Brent's experiment, but should still be measurable. How ever much water your accumulator takes in between these two pressures is the amount that you can't get out, before the pump starts.

Rob
    So i just re taped the threads and now the leak is gone.

Also prior to this whole thing i turned the shut off switch higher for my pump and was experiencing issues like this even without the tank.

So i also turned the pump shut off switch down a tad as well . Probably back to where it was originally set.

I have my tank set at 38 psi right now.

and everything is working perfectly
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    . . . and everything is working perfectly
    Well . . . I like to hear that .

In fiddling with your pump on/off pressure, you may have overlapped them, getting the "on" higher than the "off" . . . the settings are really sensitive . . . ask me how I know this

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fiddling with your pump on/off pressure, you may have overlapped them, getting the "on" higher than the "off" . . . the settings are really sensitive . . . ask me how I know this

Rob
    Lol yes ive been battling this myself. Whats weird is that it would be fine. Then wed pack up and move somewhere else and then it would act up again
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Del,

Rob
    Rob,
    I have pretty much done the experiment you are talking about and I know it doesn't make any engineering sence but on each system we have had 50% of pump cut out pressure seems to be the sweet spot. One thing I do know is that you have to check the tank pressure once you have all pressure bleed of off the water side. I'll try it again in the spring just to satisfy any curiosity this thread has brought up again, the camper is tucked away in its "Winter Slumber" till then.

Interest thing; we just changed out the pressure tank and pump on our home well this Summer. The well guys told us 50% of cut out pressure also. I changed the tank myself (actually 2 tanks because we are on a common well across 4 homes) and found the differential on the pressure switch was wider than I liked, 34psi in / 54psi out. I turned the in pressure to 40psi and set the tanks at 27psi. We can pull about 3 minutes of water before the line pressure drops to 40.
    Del & Vickie
    2016 Reflection 337
    2015 GMC Denali 3500HD w/Hips - 4WD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    it WAS working fine, then we left for a bit so i shut the pump off, came back turned it on. used up the pressure in the tank and the pump came on and never shut off again. GRRRRRR

so I went and turned the pump shut off down another 1/4 turn and the pump shut off. Were boondocking so I don't want to waste water, I will have to wait till it gets used to see if the pump will shut itself off.

The pump shut off has to be at or just below the original setting by now which is weird to me. Also ay idea why it would be working then when th epump has no power for a while and gets turned back on the problem persists? This has been the theme ever since I started messing with the shut off lol
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to do this mod. For those who have done it with the Nautilus plumbing rats nest, any recommendations on the best place to T into? On the outlet side of the pump, or is there a better place? Thanks for any advice.
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding accumulator to 2400BH

The pump short cycling and flickering lights were really bugging me so I found this thread (thank you all, or maybe I should say you’re a bad influence) and installed a 2 gallon accumulator.

On the 2400BH the pump is under the counter btw the stove and the sink next to furnace, there is just enough room for it but I had to move the pump and angle both tank and pump for correct clearance. I added about 2" of thick rubber (I had a 1/2" slabs left over from a generator project) under the pump to both elevate it for pump hose clearance and re-secured it to the floor with 4" screws. The rubber spacers also quieted the pump noise.
    This was a real pain (many hours) because there is just no room and its difficult to reach the area with tools and such, but in the end it worked out well, hoping I don't get plumbing leaks down the road. Since it does not really matter where the tank goes, if I did it again I might just mount it under the trailer to the frame in the rear and attach it to the cold water low point drain, but the mount would have to be beefy since water is heavy (8Lbs/Gal).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9931.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	43038

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam & Juli,

I did include an accumulator tank in the rebuild of the plumbing system in my Reflection 303.

See the story of this (including the accumulator tank) in the attachment to the first post in this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...968#post171968

The tank I used (similar to what I have installed before in boats) is very similar to the one shown in your 3rd link. This tank has a diaphragm in it whereas the smaller plastic tanks do not and will become "waterlogged" after a while. The plastic ones are all too small to be really useful.

An accumulator tank can be T'd into any cold water line where it will fit conveniently. I always install (everything) with a coupling, as shown in my rebuild, so that future service is easy.

Rob
    I see you screwed your accumulator tank to a wood plate via the pex fitting but did you somehow secure the top of the tank so it wouldn't act like a tuning fork when in transit?
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123