User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rejected by local Grand design dealer

Welcome. You got far enough to come here and ask for advice.

New to RV’ing?

YouTube, Google and Facebook will be your new friendly time suckers along with whatever forums you partake in. A mobile tech is certainly the way to go but you may be surprised at what you can accomplish on your own if you have some general common sense and a little handyman in you. You will need tools, some big as discussed, for the hitch setup. Find a video, insert your truck and get after it.

Best of luck and most importantly have fun. That’s why you bought the thing!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    Welcome. You got far enough to come here and ask for advice.

New to RV’ing?

YouTube, Google and Facebook will be your new friendly time suckers along with whatever forums you partake in. A mobile tech is certainly the way to go but you may be surprised at what you can accomplish on your own if you have some general common sense and a little handyman in you. You will need tools, some big as discussed, for the hitch setup. Find a video, insert your truck and get after it.

Best of luck and most importantly have fun. That’s why you bought the thing!
    I really agree with this!

If you spend an hour or 2 with someone they are probably going to be moving pretty quickly and it's going to be difficult to absorb that much info in one setting. Take your time and follow the advice from @Whitexc. Learning on your pace and making a few mistakes like we all do will ensure a better working knowledge of your trailer.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Welcome to the GD family !
    Grand Design has many videos that could help you understand the various systems in your RV
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...upport-archive
    I tried that link and although it brought up a page with several "how-to" images, I couldn't get any of them to play. The screen goes dim and the little timer thing goes round and round, but no video. Am I missing something?

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeGoode View Post
    I tried that link and although it brought up a page with several "how-to" images, I couldn't get any of them to play. The screen goes dim and the little timer thing goes round and round, but no video. Am I missing something?
    You aren't missing anything but maybe GD is! It just spins for me too. They recently updated the site, guess they did not do so great on this section or possibly it isn't complete yet
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may find the videos here: https://www.youtube.com/@GrandDesignRVTV Look in the How To section.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That dealer sounds like one that you will want to avoid in the future! I would definitely call Grand Design even if they can't do anything. There has to be another dealer around who would have enough marketing expertise to realize that you are a potential buyer for your next trailer, and that you would never even consider buying from the first dealer!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalthall View Post
    That dealer sounds like one that you will want to avoid in the future! I would definitely call Grand Design even if they can't do anything. There has to be another dealer around who would have enough marketing expertise to realize that you are a potential buyer for your next trailer, and that you would never even consider buying from the first dealer!
    I have sold cars most of my career. If someone bought somewhere else and then wanted me to do a walk around I would have said no as well
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeGoode View Post
    They finally got the page working if you still want to check it out https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...upport-archive
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotandlisavl View Post
    We purchased a never used new "used" Imagine 23lde and want to get a purchase orientation. I also wanted to make sure my weight distribution hitch is carrying the trailer correctly. I called my nearest Grand Design dealer to request help on this and was told "we don't do that". I guess I'll need to call Grand Design and ask where to go or just start calling other dealers or something. I thought Grand Design was so great with this type of thing??
    Have you contacted the original selling dealer or is that not possible?
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123