Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TST 507 troubleshooting

While on my last trip all 4 tires show up but no readings? I went through everything I could find and have an email to the manufacturer. Thought it was a battery but brand new one and no readings on or off the tire?

codes still in the unit for the individual sensors. only thing is a number 1 and no pressure of temp readings...

thoughts????
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you running with a signal booster?

Jim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the number 1 denotes which trailer it is monitoring, as you can set it up to monitor more than one trailer. Sometimes mine blanks out when a speeder passes me...I think a radar detector can jam it. If you take the receiver out of your truck and hold it near your trailer wheels, maybe the signal will get through. I now use the repeater and connect it to the trailer battery with small battery clamps... it has improved the reliability of the signal lots
    RobM
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no repeater. just goes through the 4 tires and shows nothing. TST said to try taking out batteries from our small weather station monitor and outside part sending the signals....wait a half hour and see if that works. Also check batteries among some other things.

my monitor is inside the rv with a fresh battery in a cap sensor and nothing. when i screw it back on the valve i get the small hiss from air and again with monitor inches away.....nothing.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does not sound to me like you have the sensors programmed right to the monitor. Are you sure you programmed then to vehicle 1? It is pretty easy to get confused when programming and program to another vehicle. Also they do not show up instantaniously. It sometimes takes a while for a wheel sensor to show up. Generally much faster when you remove from the tire and reinstall though.

Best of luck!
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webpilot View Post
    Does not sound to me like you have the sensors programmed right to the monitor. Are you sure you programmed then to vehicle 1? It is pretty easy to get confused when programming and program to another vehicle. Also they do not show up instantaniously. It sometimes takes a while for a wheel sensor to show up. Generally much faster when you remove from the tire and reinstall though.

Best of luck!
    I actually did not do it.....the rep did the programming last October. It worked when i went back to Pa after the ralley.

6 months later it did not.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. Decided to change to trailer 2 and changed all batteries and start over. Worked. Weird how it showed the code of the sensor but did not show any info on temp or pressure on trailer 1 even with a new battery in the 1st unit.

As i changed to trailer 2 the trailer 1 wheels disappeared. So takes a few minutes to register but did so last night and this morning.....

Now to ask TST if i should take sensors off wheels when not going anywhere for a few months......the original batteries lasted about 1.5 years.....the October change was just the color monitor but original sensors.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think taking the sensors off the wheels is a good idea for long periods of idle time. I do that when I winterize the trailer and it wont be used for several months. I wrote the wheel position on the sensors with a gray sharpie to remember where they go.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI: When I traded my smaller two axle Raptor toy hauler for the current larger (also longer) Momentum 376TH triple axle I install the monitors on the Momentum. They had worked flawlessly on the old toy hauler. On the Momentum I started having problems getting readings. Turned out to be two things that solve my problems. Install the repeater things got much better but kept having problems with two sensors. After researching on the internet I found out that the Acutron wireless weather station I have was interfering with the signal due to the frequency that it was on. I had to switch to a La Crosse brand that works on a different frequency band. Everything has been fine since the switch to a different brand wireless weather unit.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TST did mention the weather station possibility. I Accu Station. Took out all batteries and unplugged. did not work.....weird huh?

Working now and weather station is on......good call though
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.