Thread: Slideout

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    True. My bad.
    No worries. Just don't want someone out there thinking they have 4 motors to synch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our Slideout problem corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Anyone have problems with their slideouts on the imagine travel trailers? Looking at The XLS22RBE & 2250RK, went to RV show @ Tacoma Dome & we were looking at the cougar 22' & 24'. Got to talking to the keystone rep, i understand that was my first mistake, and he was saying the aluminum rails & gears on the imagine trailers are known to get chewed up and have to be replaced & the motors are known for getting out of sync as there are 2 motors. He says the cougar uses 1 motor and steel rails for their slide so it is superior? Any truth to what he said? This will be our first TT so trying to weed our way thru all the bull crap the rep's and salesman tell us!
    We had a problem just recently on our 2150RB slide. All of a sudden it went in crooked. We did some research and new it was out of sync. The only problem, we could not find the control panel for it. After looking and looking, we called the dealer, who didn't know where it was. We then call GD and first talked to a person who answered, and she said one problem is that the control panel was put in different places on the trailers. So we ended up calling GD and asking to speak to a Technician. Once we gave him our VIN number, he was able to look up our specific trailer and told us where it was. He also talked us though how to reset it. Gladly, it worked very well. We re-synced so the two motors are once again together. Our problem was that we just weren't holding it the full 3-5 seconds after it was fully extended or brought in. We learned our lesson, and want to say a BIG Thank You to that GD Technician! He was so very helpful, and he saved our trip to PA to visit our kids. Thank You Grand Design!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Issues

I have a 2017 Imagine 2950RL that was mfg 6/16 and it has the Schinteck system on both slides. Some time in 2017 they started putting the rack and pinion on the large heavy street side slide. They also moved the slide controllers under the sink in the bathroom instead of under the sink in the kitchen. I think it was actually from a problem I had one weekend. I had just had my camper in for warranty service and I commented how the street side slide was acting funny. I always held the button down for 5 seconds like they recommend. They said they checked it and nothing was wrong. We went camping the next weekend and were 2 hours from home in the mountains when I started setting up. The kitchen slide opened fine but the big slide would open about 4 inches and stop. Since I am not to large I had to climb head first through a 12 x 18 opening and get my manual out above the couch and then pull down the rear panel under the sink to get to the slide controllers and do an override procedure to get the slide to open. Let’s just say I was pretty upset when I called the dealer, especially since I was going out for 10 days in a couple of weeks. They finally put someone on it that knew what they were doing and I have been lubrecating as per Lipperts video on YouTube as mentioned before.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRL LL View Post
    Our problem was that we just weren't holding it the full 3-5 seconds after it was fully extended or brought in.
    Can you or someone else confirm? Hold the button ON for 3-5 seconds after you have reached the fully IN or OUT stop? I always released the button immediately thinking I might damage something.

So, it is not only OK, but actually necessary to hold the button IN after the slide has reached its stop?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked in the Schwintek portion of the owners manual and it's not called out there. Again, if you do search on the GD forum you will find it called out a number of times.

Every time my slide goes in or out I hold the button for approx. a five count. Been two seasons and it still works.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    Can you or someone else confirm? Hold the button ON for 3-5 seconds after you have reached the fully IN or OUT stop? I always released the button immediately thinking I might damage something.

So, it is not only OK, but actually necessary to hold the button IN after the slide has reached its stop?
    Yes, that is our understanding!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post

My owner’s manual says to always run the slide all the way in or out - don’t start and stop it during travel, Point #7 page 129. There is also a warning box advising to NOT hold the switch after the slide is all the way in or out - when it stops moving release the switch.
    I have never noticed any sounds of “syncing” after the slide has reached end of travel, but then maybe it is an electronic sync of the control panel. I don’t think holding the switch for a second or two will do any harm however, that is not what the manual says. I do like to lube the gears and couplers using a teflon dry lube and at the same time a shot of silicon on the seals and wipers. Keep the rails clean, which meant digging out a ton of sealant that GDRV gooped onto one rail.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also were told by our dealer and GD to run the slide all the way out and count 5 same with running it in, and not to stop mid way that is what causes it to go out of Sync so that is what we do, and have had no problems.
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    My owner’s manual says to always run the slide all the way in or out - don’t start and stop it during travel, Point #7 page 129. There is also a warning box advising to NOT hold the switch after the slide is all the way in or out - when it stops moving release the switch.
    I have never noticed any sounds of “syncing” after the slide has reached end of travel, but then maybe it is an electronic sync of the control panel. I don’t think holding the switch for a second or two will do any harm however, that is not what the manual says. I do like to lube the gears and couplers using a teflon dry lube and at the same time a shot of silicon on the seals and wipers. Keep the rails clean, which meant digging out a ton of sealant that GDRV gooped onto one rail.
    Copied from Lippert's "In Wall Slideout Owners Manual", pg. 3. https://liferebooted.net/2018-phaeto...ners-Manual.pd

Operation Extending Slide-out Room
    1. Level the unit.
    2. Verify the battery is fully charged and hooked up to the electrical system.
    3. Remove the transit bars (if so equipped).
    4. Press and hold the IN/OUT switch (Fig. 1B) in the OUT position until the room is fully extended and stops moving. NOTE: It is important to continue to press the slide-out switch for a few seconds after the room is fully extended until the motor shuts off. The control will sense that the room has stopped and will shut off the motor after a few seconds.
    5. Release the switch, which will lock the room into position.

Retracting Slide-out Room
    1. Verify the battery is fully charged and hooked-up to the electrical system.
    2. Press and hold the IN/OUT switch (Fig. 1A) in the IN position until the room is fully retracted and stops moving. NOTE: It is important to continue to press the slide-out switch for a few seconds after the room is fully retracted until the motor shuts off. The control will sense that the room has stopped and will shut off the motor after a few seconds.
    3. Release the switch, which will lock the room into position.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to it, i recently watched a YouTube video by GD on the Schwintech slides and it expressly states to keep the button depressed.

My question is on syncing. How do I know if my slide is synced correctly? When extended and I look inside I see a maybe 3" Gap between the slide trim and wall.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast