User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem we've had with our fridge is the center flap not closing all the way. And this only happens occasionally. Usually if we have a lot of things loaded in the left side door. It's an easy fix, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. For now we just make sure the flap is in the right position when we close the door. Other than that the fridge has been great. Maintains 34 - 35 degrees even in 100 degree heat.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    That's what the generator option is for!

If you are already good with pre-cooling and the tricks beforehand, you will be fine with it and likely not have to mod more than add the overheating safety protection and interior fans if you get the model without fans (there are several RV 12 cu ft that go into GDs). It's a little different if you are part-timers like us or full-timers where you are out very long durations and bring home a food order to your barren fridge, and that's especially true in COVID19 times when you shop as infrequently as possible.
    I was not aware that some had fans and some came without? Have not read about the overheating protection, what is that about?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    I was not aware that some had fans and some came without? Have not read about the overheating protection, what is that about?
    Yep, there are.

As for protection, it's a matter of the peace of mind there's no potential for a thermal runaway. I'll have it no other way with Cloverfield often home alone.

https://www.arprv.com
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you came to a final decision. Don't forget to print out a PDI sheet to take with you. It's a great tool for checking out the RV completely'

There are a few to pick from here https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)
    the files show as black squares, click on the text to download the files.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you may remember when I posted that I would not be joining the Grand Design family! Well, looks like I will! I had many issues to resolve in my own head and a few with dealers and Grand Design. But after many of you helped me work through some of my concerns, I decided to pull the trigger and order my Reflection.

If you recall, It was not going to fit in my building and I will have to remove the ladder. Also, I am doing some mods to my building in order to make it fit. But, we decided this is the trailer we wanted, and nothing is perfect so we are making it work.

Grand Design has been good so far helping me locate one as close a possible to purchase. I do not like my local dealer, and they did not seem to care if they got the model I wanted on the lot. They just kept ordering the same model over and over, even knowing I wanted another model. They keep no selection, just order several of the same models. But Grand Design located one coming in at another dealer later in the summer, then I got a call that it would be in earlier than expected. Found out the area sales rep redirected one from another dealer so they could get it to me sooner!

I am dreading having to mod the refrigerator right out of the gate! Some of you told me the 12 cubit foot in the slide will not cool! Hard to believe they know this and keep pumping out trailers with this design! Could cost the big down the road in many ways!

Again, thanks for being a sounding board, and I guess will be making a 2 1/2 hour drive in a few days to pick it up. I will probably need your input down the road on what you did to fix all the things I should not have to fix! Crossing my fingers that I will have as good of luck with this trailer as I have with my trailers in the past!
    We are in our 4th year with our Reflection. The fridge is in the rear rather than the slide-out. We had a warranty issue during the first year with the hi-limit sensor. We were able to reset it with a magnet (thanks to help from this forum). Our dealer replaced it when we got home.

As far as keeping food and drinks at proper temp we haven't had any problems. We keep a thermometer in the fridge and in one of the freezer compartments. With the control set at 6, the fridge is 36 to 39 and the freezer about 10. Before loading it up for a trip, we get it out of storage, park on the street at our house, run an extension cord from house to camper, and fire up the fridge for 36 hours before loading it up with food and beverages. (It would be quicker if we did this with the propane rather than electric.) Camper should be leveled in the street befored doing this to avoid damage to the cooling unit.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Glad you came to a final decision. Don't forget to print out a PDI sheet to take with you. It's a great tool for checking out the RV completely'

There are a few to pick from here https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)
    the files show as black squares, click on the text to download the files.
    Thanks, I will print that out, it will be a big help. I am planning on checking it out really good, but without a list like that I am sure I would miss some things!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    We are in our 4th year with our Reflection. The fridge is in the rear rather than the slide-out. We had a warranty issue during the first year with the hi-limit sensor. We were able to reset it with a magnet (thanks to help from this forum). Our dealer replaced it when we got home.

As far as keeping food and drinks at proper temp we haven't had any problems. We keep a thermometer in the fridge and in one of the freezer compartments. With the control set at 6, the fridge is 36 to 39 and the freezer about 10. Before loading it up for a trip, we get it out of storage, park on the street at our house, run an extension cord from house to camper, and fire up the fridge for 36 hours before loading it up with food and beverages. (It would be quicker if we did this with the propane rather than electric.) Camper should be leveled in the street befored doing this to avoid damage to the cooling unit.
    It is not a problem for us to pre-cool the fridge. I have it in a building and have a 30 amp service next to trailer. We keep it plugged in most of the time. We also cool all of the stuff down in home fridge before we load it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you may remember when I posted that I would not be joining the Grand Design family! Well, looks like I will! I had many issues to resolve in my own head and a few with dealers and Grand Design. But after many of you helped me work through some of my concerns, I decided to pull the trigger and order my Reflection.

If you recall, It was not going to fit in my building and I will have to remove the ladder. Also, I am doing some mods to my building in order to make it fit. But, we decided this is the trailer we wanted, and nothing is perfect so we are making it work.

Grand Design has been good so far helping me locate one as close a possible to purchase. I do not like my local dealer, and they did not seem to care if they got the model I wanted on the lot. They just kept ordering the same model over and over, even knowing I wanted another model. They keep no selection, just order several of the same models. But Grand Design located one coming in at another dealer later in the summer, then I got a call that it would be in earlier than expected. Found out the area sales rep redirected one from another dealer so they could get it to me sooner!

I am dreading having to mod the refrigerator right out of the gate! Some of you told me the 12 cubit foot in the slide will not cool! Hard to believe they know this and keep pumping out trailers with this design! Could cost the big down the road in many ways!

Again, thanks for being a sounding board, and I guess will be making a 2 1/2 hour drive in a few days to pick it up. I will probably need your input down the road on what you did to fix all the things I should not have to fix! Crossing my fingers that I will have as good of luck with this trailer as I have with my trailers in the past!
    @PTParker - You made for entertaining reading. One way or another we all have been in your spot. PTSD of RV Buying LOL
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTParker so glad to hear it worked out for you. It's so ironic but now I can totally relate to your ladder problem. I recently moved my Solitude to a much nicer indoor storage facility than I had before but it is shorter, 12X45 instead of the previous 12X50, that 5 feet makes a huge difference. MY '19 Solitude was built with the ladder on the side instead of the rear like the 20's are. My trailer literally would not fit in this new storeroom if it was a 2020-2021 model!! Sometimes the smallest thing can mess up your plans lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A trick we do to help the fridge is keep those igloo freezer packs in the freezer. When we need to add some warmer stuff to the fridge, we just pop those next to the warm stuff until they thaw. Once thawed, we pop them back in the freezer. It will easily help with the "warm" food effect. The law of thermodynamics is awesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast