Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fridge door panel

Hello, does anyone know how to remove Dometic side by side refrigerator (wooden) door panel in a 303rls?
    JP
    2019 Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel
    2020 F-250 SRW Lariat Crew Cab
    Pull Rite 16k Super Slide

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless something has changed, the wooden panels are just adhered to a regular flat panel. Just remove the edge trim and slide it out.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Unless something has changed, the wooden panels are just adhered to a regular flat panel. Just remove the edge trim and slide it out.
    Thanks, I'll check.....problem with mine is they slide about 1/4" from side to side.....kinda annoying. Didn't if there was a way to stop that.
    JP

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    Thanks, I'll check.....problem with mine is they slide about 1/4" from side to side.....kinda annoying. Didn't if there was a way to stop that.
    Common complaint. DO NOT make the mistake some do and use glue to adhere the panel to the door insulation! A few squares of double sided tape will generally do.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raised panel cabinet doors use space balls (little rubber bb's) to keep the raised panels from from moving around since they can't be fit tight in the door frame due to wood movement. Amazon carries them as does Rockler.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed this same issue on my 2021 297rsts. Door panel wood can be seen on top and it slides from side to side. I picked up on it and the wood edge disappears under trim. Its going to dealer next week for 1 year warranty repairs and inspections. Just one more thing to add to list...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by #1BamaFan View Post
    I just noticed this same issue on my 2021 297rsts. Door panel wood can be seen on top and it slides from side to side. I picked up on it and the wood edge disappears under trim. Its going to dealer next week for 1 year warranty repairs and inspections. Just one more thing to add to list...
    Sounds like GD is not catching this in quality control. I hope you can get it replaced at the dealer. I reached out to GD customer service with pics. They told me to contact Dometic, fridge manufacture, which I did. Dometic said they do not make the wood door inserts, only the black & stainless, & said looks like the panels were cut short when made. They said GD puts them in to match the interior decor. Still waiting for a reply from GD on that.
    JP