User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    The dealer service prices in my area are nuts - seems that's the only profit they are making with no inventory to sell.

Thanks for bringing this subject up - read through the maintenance schedule and this one slipped right by me - surprised at the low mileage for a change and high mileage (at least for me) for an oil change. I'll price around.
    I think most dealer prices are unreasonable. Last year this time took my GMC to the dealer to change out the fuel filter. Basically spin off replace paper cartridge spin back on. They charged me $250 bucks!

Unfortunately there are certain maint owns I will post for at least one to ensure it is in there as performed. If I ever have an issue I don’t want them to deny warranty because of missed maint
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I think most dealer prices are unreasonable. Last year this time took my GMC to the dealer to change out the fuel filter. Basically spin off replace paper cartridge spin back on. They charged me $250 bucks!

Unfortunately there are certain maint owns I will post for at least one to ensure it is in there as performed. If I ever have an issue I don’t want them to deny warranty because of missed maint
    Which (with CP4) that is exactly why I had the local RAM dealer change the fuel filters two weeks back. $497. I called the dealer in CT where I purchased it, $240. Going back there next time - won't cost me $250 in fuel to go back and forth.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Which (with CP4) that is exactly why I had the local RAM dealer change the fuel filters two weeks back. $497. I called the dealer in CT where I purchased it, $240. Going back there next time - won't cost me $250 in fuel to go back and forth.
    I called around and was quoted the $3-400 range to change out the fuel filters. I use to do all the fluid changes on my vehicles, but as I age, I let other people do it, with me watching. With that high cost, I purchased the filters for $110, and changed them in less then 30 minutes myself. Just couldn't see giving up $200+ for half an hour of work. I am at 30K miles now on my Aisin, and need to find out what is charged around me, or if I will do it myself.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I called around and was quoted the $3-400 range to change out the fuel filters. I use to do all the fluid changes on my vehicles, but as I age, I let other people do it, with me watching. With that high cost, I purchased the filters for $110, and changed them in less then 30 minutes myself. Just couldn't see giving up $200+ for half an hour of work. I am at 30K miles now on my Aisin, and need to find out what is charged around me, or if I will do it myself.
    I don't know about the Cummins, but with the Ford PowerStroke, you have to go through a procedure to purge the air from the new fuel filters or there can be major damage to the system.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know about the Cummins, but with the Ford PowerStroke, you have to go through a procedure to purge the air from the new fuel filters or there can be major damage to the system.

Rob
    Same with the Cummins, especially as I have the CP4 (time bomb) in mine. With mine, without your foot on the brake, to prevent it from starting, you press the starter button to start, which causes the fuel pump to run, priming the system. I think the manual says do that three times, but I end up doing it five or six times. That will fill the filters, and clear any air in the system.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Same with the Cummins, especially as I have the CP4 (time bomb) in mine. With mine, without your foot on the brake, to prevent it from starting, you press the starter button to start, which causes the fuel pump to run, priming the system. I think the manual says do that three times, but I end up doing it five or six times. That will fill the filters, and clear any air in the system.
    Exactly what I do with my Cummins.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Ya, BUT, Ford also says to do the fluid and filter every 50k to extend transmission life.....whatever that means....
    Scott, do you have a source for this information. It is not in the 2019 Superduty diesel (six speed transmission) manual (just states 150k) but I previously saw on a non GD forum post that a former Ford engineer (who knows how many times this has been passed between people before I read it) said that he recommends changing it at 75k when towing (same transmission?). I plan to test the fluid before hitting these numbers to be safe. Thanks!
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 12-18-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll see if I can find it. Not a Ford owner so I didn't bookmark it. I was just surprised at the 150k number for the trans when all I have heard for years was fluid changes in the 40-60k ranges...so I went looking for reasons why. Especially as my Aisin calls for 30k changes, which does seem ridiculous.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 12-19-2021 at 04:56 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the same place I saw before, but the same maintenance charts listed.

http://www.powerstrokehub.com/6.7-po...intenance.html
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Not the same place I saw before, but the same maintenance charts listed.

http://www.powerstrokehub.com/6.7-po...intenance.html
    Thanks for looking up the information. One site mentioned 30-50k for pre 2016 Superduty.

The Ford 2016 Superduty manual states 60k for 5 speed transmission with 6.2 & 6.8 gas engine and 150k for 6 speed. pages 456 & 457 http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_04_2015.pdf

Later owners manuals state 150k for 6 speed (no 5 speed transmission is offered).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast