User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Build on board water filter system for 303 or 337

Hello to all......I built a two stage water filter that I hang outside my rig and plug into it pre-camper.....I'd like to build or incorporate this into the pass thru area and plumb straight in.....question......has anyone done this that they could give me some input on how they did it, or links to doing this?
    My system works great, but, running a hose to the filter, then a hose to to camper FROM filter, am just trying to simplify the process so I can just attach the hose to the camper and it will automatically pass thru the filters. It also cuts down on hardware needed to carry.

Thanks
    Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Hello to all......I built a two stage water filter that I hang outside my rig and plug into it pre-camper.....I'd like to build or incorporate this into the pass thru area and plumb straight in.....question......has anyone done this that they could give me some input on how they did it, or links to doing this?
    My system works great, but, running a hose to the filter, then a hose to to camper FROM filter, am just trying to simplify the process so I can just attach the hose to the camper and it will automatically pass thru the filters. It also cuts down on hardware needed to carry.

Thanks
    Ray
    Msgt Ray, (I didn't know that until I logged into the website. I usually use Tapatalk on my phone.)

Here is the link to my post on my 320MKS: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...e-Water-filter

Essentially I pealed back the wall board that was next to the Nautilus panel and put a piece of 3/8" plywood behind it to mount the filters on. This has since been updated by removing the wallboard completely and reframing the area and mounting carpet covered 3/8" plywood in place of the wallboard. Yes the plywood is heavier, but I now have almost 6 sq ft of additional room in the basement, but, I digress.

I then used various quick connects and hoses (the little strain relief hoses have now been replaced with stainless steel braided hoses since the little strain relieve hoses have a tendency to break, usually at the most inopportune time. Also, the LOOONG hose going from the filters to the Nautilus panel has been replaced with a shorter stainless steel hose. I also added a water flow meter to both the fresh and black inlets to know how much water I am using or putting into the tank(s).

The shutoff elbows are there so I don't have to run back to the spigot to turn off the water for filling the fresh tank. I'm lazy?

I also added a quick connect to the fresh inlet at the Nautilus panel so I could remove the filters from the water inlet if needed. (Think winterizing.)

I have quick connect fitting on the ends of all my hoses so I'm not having to muck with screwing and unscrewing them. Again, I'm lazy?

I guess I need to take new pictures and post them to my thread.

Here are all the links to the items I have used:
    Beech Lane External RV Dual Water Filter System, Leak-Free Brass Fittings, Mounting Bracket and Two Filters Included, Sturdy Construction is Built to Last
    Circrane 3/4 Lead-Free Brass Water Pressure Regulator with Gauge Adjustable RV Pressure Reducer, Build in Oil and Inlet Stainless Screened Filter
    SHOWNEW Garden Hose Quick Connectors, Solid Brass 3/4 inch GHT Thread Easy Connect Fittings No-Leak Water Hose Male Female Value Pack (5)
    Camco Stainless Steel Solid Brass Water 45 Degree Valve- Easy Grip Valve Handles and Simple Water Hose Connection CSA Low Lead Certified - (20173)
    Twinkle Star Garden Hose Elbow Connector 90 Degree Brass Hose Elbow (2Pcs)+ Extra 2 Pressure Washers
    Twinkle Star 90 Degree Garden Hose Elbow with Shut Off Valve 2 Pack, 3/4" Heavy Duty Hose Adapter with 2 O-rings, Solid Brass Gooseneck Garden Hose Connector
    Orbit 2 Pack Water Flow Hose End Water Meter
    Certified Appliance Accessories WI12SSFM Braided Stainless Steel Water-Inlet Hose, 1ft (qty 3)
    HJ Garden 6pcs 1 inch Rubber Cushioned Cable Clamp 304 Stainless Steel Hose Clamp/Metal Clamp/Tube Holder Fastener for Tube/Pipe or Wire Cord Installation

The plywood can be sourced at your local home builders store. I used Needlepunch outdoor carpet to cover the plywood and stapled it to the plywood. (I used to build custom speaker cabinets for cars and PA systems.)
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post

Thanks
    Ray
    Msgt, I sent you a PM. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great talking to you earlier Mark. I have learned so much from this site.....how do you become a contributing member and how much is the fee/donation?
    Thanks again.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rgpracer;413161]Great talking to you earlier Mark. I have learned so much from this site.....how do you become a contributing member and how much is the fee/donation?
    Thanks again.[/QUOTE @Second Chance Can you help with your great instructions? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [/QUOTE @Second Chance Can you help with your great instructions? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Second chance is on vacation but I can help.

On the top under My Grand RV is a line with links, one being paid membership. This is on the browser model, not sure of taptalk navigation. There are a few levels to pick from. It takes you to pay pal to pay but you do not have to have a pp account, it's nothing more than a check out process. Starts at $12 a year and a you have found its well worth it
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

On the top under My Grand RV is a line with links, one being paid membership. This is on the browser model, not sure of taptalk navigation. There are a few levels to pick from. It takes you to pay pal to pay but you do not have to have a pp account, it's nothing more than a check out process. Starts at $12 a year and a you have found its well worth it
    [/QUOTE]

Done
    Thanks
    Ray

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our coach is in its winter slumber so I cannot share pictures at this time. I run filtration for clarity and odor as we do not drink any CG water because of health issues (have plumbed bottle system). Anyway, I have two stage and recessed the system into the bulkhead wall after some modifications. A key reminder I wanted to bring up it to make sure you install with leak protection in mind. I made an aluminum cabinet to house the system. The door is gasketed, and there is a drain in the cabinet bottom and plumbed through the floor and coroplast to spill to ground in the event a filter housing or fitting leaks.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Our coach is in its winter slumber so I cannot share pictures at this time. I run filtration for clarity and odor as we do not drink any CG water because of health issues (have plumbed bottle system). Anyway, I have two stage and recessed the system into the bulkhead wall after some modifications. A key reminder I wanted to bring up it to make sure you install with leak protection in mind. I made an aluminum cabinet to house the system. The door is gasketed, and there is a drain in the cabinet bottom and plumbed through the floor and coroplast to spill to ground in the event a filter housing or fitting leaks.
    Thanks Rob, yea, would like to put it in fwd basement area instead of passthru, but options are open right now. Cabinet to put it in....hmmmm....good idea.
    Ray

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used electrical conduit tubing hangers to mount the filters and pec tubing to run from nautilus inlet port to filters under the RV.