User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 268BH - Little to no heat in bathroom.

I have little to no heat from the bathroom furnace register. The two registers in the living area and the floor register in the bedroom are good. I'm thinking a duct either came loose or is is kinked somewhere. Is it possible to access the furnace and the ducting, at least to the bath room by removing the false wall in the pass-through? I really don't want to drop the coroplast to look for this.
    I removed the wall or at least part of it to install the EMS, but I paid little attention to the furnace ducting.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I have little to no heat from the bathroom furnace register. The two registers in the living area and the floor register in the bedroom are good. I'm thinking a duct either came loose or is is kinked somewhere. Is it possible to access the furnace and the ducting, at least to the bath room by removing the false wall in the pass-through? I really don't want to drop the coroplast to look for this.
    I removed the wall or at least part of it to install the EMS, but I paid little attention to the furnace ducting.
    Looking down my bathroom vent, I can see a utility area full of wires and pipes, as opposed to seeing a duct. I suppose the only heat comes out is from the heat rising out of the cavity from the vent that blows into there that is supposed to keep the plumbing warm. Or the duct came loose. I am going to take down my pass through wall in the near future for some off grid equipment upgrades. I plan to investigate the vent when I am in there
    2018 Reflection 5er 230RL
    2020 F150 3.5EB

Is it a beach condo, a mountain cabin, or a a lake house?
    Its really Uncamplicated.
    Its my Schlitz Carlton Mobile Marriot

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I had this problem when I purchased my 303RLS. The dealer checked the ducting and found nothing wrong, but I still had very little airflow from the bathroom register. I noticed that there was good airflow from the basement register where I didn't need it. So I used a piece of tape to cover most of the basement register. This improved airflow from the bathroom register, but it is still not as strong as the bedroom or living room register.

To answer your question. Yes, you can access the ducting behind the false wall in the basement.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat CCSB 7.3L 4.30 Axle, B&W Companion Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What register are you referring to as the "basement register"? The floor register behind the toilet is actually a return for the furnace. The real heater vent is on the bottom of the wall just to the left of the sink cabinet. It is quite small and the airflow is minimal. I haven't looked at mine yet to see if the duct is kinked but I suspect that the low airflow is just because the duct is small diameter.
    Jim
    2019 F350 6.7 DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdn View Post
    What register are you referring to as the "basement register"?
    The basement register is a round louvered vent in the ceiling of the basement pass-through storage area. It is on the metal ducting that passes through the basement storage area.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat CCSB 7.3L 4.30 Axle, B&W Companion Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewb View Post
    The basement register is a round louvered vent in the ceiling of the basement pass-through storage area. It is on the metal ducting that passes through the basement storage area.
    Interesting. All the time that I spent crawling around looking at things and I never noticed that vent. Thanks.
    Jim
    2019 F350 6.7 DRW