User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a 'peacock' drain in the water heater so that I could easily drain the water heater after each trip as we are weekend warriors and sometimes we will go a couple of months during the summer time so I do not want the water sitting and getting funky. After all the great comments here, I have added to my list to remove the drain plug completely and do a complete flush instead of just a drain. Thanks again to all.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dledb68 View Post
    I installed a 'peacock' drain in the water heater so that I could easily drain the water heater after each trip as we are weekend warriors and sometimes we will go a couple of months during the summer time so I do not want the water sitting and getting funky. After all the great comments here, I have added to my list to remove the drain plug completely and do a complete flush instead of just a drain. Thanks again to all.
    Did you mean, "petcock" drain?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 Reflection 303RLS purchased in Sept 2019, been great so far. Here is my current problem. De-winterized the RV, sanitized the lines with bleach water, next day hooked up city water at the house with pressure regulator and flushed out all the lines. Everything worked great, checked all the appliances, gas, fridge, heater and AC, we are ready to go. Two days later we leave the house and travel about 30 miles to a local campground, get everything hooked up and NO water pressure inside on city water, NONE, no water just a trickle, all faucets, toilet and shower. Fill the fresh water tank and the shower and toilet have full water pressure from the water pump on dry camping, no water pressure at the kitchen sink and very little at the bathroom sink, and when we run either sink faucet the pump cycles on and off.

with city water connected and the panel set for city water, NO water inside, BUT, if open the low point drains, the water pressure is very strong.

Has anyone had this problem or know of what to look for? Thanks in advance.

EDIT ** City water NO pressure just a trickle, low point drains full pressure. Dry camping mode, shower and toilet full pressure, water pump runs continuously, kitchen and bathroom faucet, low pressure and water pump cycles on and off.

UPDATE** crisis adverted. Seems there was sediment in the lines, not sure were it cam from but the kitchen and bathroom faucets were clogged. removed all tips and flushed out hot water tank and all lines. Still puzzles me were the sediment came from.
    I always try to remember to run the campground faucet a bit without being connected to my camper. More than once ive seen black water come out before turning clear. Especially early in the season. Probably rust and sentiment from setting all winter.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try also bleeding out the outside shower. My pump was loud and vibrating until I ran water out the outside faucet and it stopped the loud noise. Air maybe?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious as to where you installed the petcock drain...pulling the anode rod will quickly drain the tank, and those without the anode would have a plug in the same place. So where does the drain sit?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12