User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you clearing the error code? Is that the same as the override?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
    How are you clearing the error code? Is that the same as the override?

Anytime I have the issue I just put it in override and run it in or out. I think the code goes away after a certain amount of time. Or maybe if the slide runs all of the way in or out without a fault.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
    Thanks for the note! Very interesting you are having the exact same issue. I also thought about the wiring harness being too light of a gauge for the distance - but I’m not savvy enough with electrical to make that call. Let me know if you wind up swapping it and get better results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had the same problem on a Reflection 300rbts, I tried several times to get the slide to move but no go! Then I got on a ladder and wiggled the wiring harness to the motor and it started working? So, I took it in and they could find nothing wrong with it and it has worked ever since? I have probable cycled the slide about 20 times since and no problem, but I keep waiting for it to raise its ugly head again!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    I had the same problem on a Reflection 300rbts, I tried several times to get the slide to move but no go! Then I got on a ladder and wiggled the wiring harness to the motor and it started working? So, I took it in and they could find nothing wrong with it and it has worked ever since? I have probable cycled the slide about 20 times since and no problem, but I keep waiting for it to raise its ugly head again!
    My new wiring harness showed up today.

Since I put the original motors back in I have ran it in and out more than a dozen times over the last few weeks and it hasn't messed up one time. Fingers crossed it is fixed!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem in a Tiffin motorhome and the problem was loose power connectors coming into the side of the controller. I used plyers to tighten the female connectors, reinstalled and did not have any problem after that.
    Bill Shallbetter
    2022 Reflection 260RD
    2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost (Hybrid)
    Nebo, NC

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we had the issue show up again this weekend. I found if I used the new harness the problem went away. I just temporarily ran it through the rig for testing purposes.

I have determined if I mess with the female end of the original wiring harness the issue will go away. I am going to remove both plugs (male motor plug/female wiring harness plug) and just hard wire it and we should be good. Will post back if we have anymore issues.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek Slide Problem

Update:
    Isolated the problem to a loose connection between the long harness (from the controller) and the slide motor wiring. I was able to use rubber bands and make a “sling” to secure the two cables together. Has been working like a charm ever since. It’s not a permanent fix, but it’ll get us thru the rest of camping season without a 2 month trip to the RV repair shop!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12