User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    When I opened mine it was a huge rats nest of pipes and wires. Doubtful you will be able to trace it with out a tone tool. Easy enough to add the splitter and be done.
    Well since I am going to the National Rally end of August, I will put that down as something they can fix.
    Presently, I have a long cable I from Livingroom TV to the outdoor and run my 2nd TV. Works for now.

Thanks
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS at 37ft 11in with hitch weight at 1065lbs - UVW at 9484lbs, CCC at 1811bs, for total GVWR at 11295lbs .
    Tow w/a 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (3/4 ton) 6.6L 4x4 w/3.73 axle ratio - UVW 7132lbs, CCC 2868lbs, total GVWR 10000lbs, w/GCWR 24000lbs & Tow cap 14,500lbs

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken9xl View Post
    Yeah, that is my suspicion, one of the three.
    Until I open up that area, I won't know.
    Thank-you
    My 303 had a splitter behind the wall in the basement, under the stairs. All the connections were “not tight” it’s a mess down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken9xl View Post
    I forgot all about the cable hook up in the basement next to water and sewer controls.
    Thank-you!
    The port labeled O/S TV goes to the connector in the other side of the bay. It is for the outside TV.

The port labled SAT/LIVING ROOM goes to a coax connector for the main TV. Maybe behind the TV, maybe in a cabinet above the TV. That's for you to connect a ground based sat antenna to a satellite box for the main TV.

The port labeled CABLE/CABLE goes to the antenna/cable switch box. That's the box near the TV with a tiny button on it to switch between the cable and antenna as an input to the main TV and bedroom TV. When the light is on you are on antenna; off is cable. It is not an amplifier. It is just a switch to: 1) change between antenna and cable, and 2) send 12v to the antenna where a booster is for amplifying over-the-air TV.

The port labeled AUX/BEDROOM goes to the coax connector near the bedroom TV and it is labeled AUX. It is there if you want to put a satellite receiver there too from and external sat antenna.

That sorts out your cable plugs in the wet bay.

The antenna/switch device (in the wall, with the tiny button and light) has 4 ports on it. 3 are behind the wall plate on the circuit board. They are labeled: 1) cable in; 2) antenna in; 3) to TVs. The "To TVs" port is what feeds the cable or antenna signal to the bedroom TV. SOMETIMES the "To TVs" goes to a splitter to feed the bedroom TV and the main TV. I'm pretty sure GD sends the "To TV" cable to the bedroom and uses the external port on the wall plate to feed the main TV.

whew.... pretty simple, huh?

Get one of these and trace your cables. I'm pretty sure I am 90% right, but the coax runs need to be tested.

It got pretty crazy trying to read through all the various posts trying to help out. So I just cut to the end and listed what I am quite sure is the right way things are set up. Maybe for now, for you, just use that external cable until someone from GD can check things out.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 06-01-2022 at 07:47 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same issues, no bed TV. Went through all the tests of the cables and connected a cable to the motherboard and bedroom TV to rule out motherboard issue. White cables came from antenna and purple to o/s connector on slide out, and bedroom. After lots of hours, discovered the cable that runs from the motherboard behind fireplace and under belly was never connected. Could pull it out of the plastic shield under the slide where it goes through frame to underbelly. Never hooked up. Took a few bolts out of bottom cover to access it and connect it and all good. Frustrating venture, but all good now. Good luck!
    Perry & Denise. 2021 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel; 2020 F-350 6.7 LTR Power Stroke diesel, Crew Cab SRW SB. Firestone air bags, Super Glide 16k slider.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanman View Post
    Had the same issues, no bed TV. Went through all the tests of the cables and connected a cable to the motherboard and bedroom TV to rule out motherboard issue. White cables came from antenna and purple to o/s connector on slide out, and bedroom. After lots of hours, discovered the cable that runs from the motherboard behind fireplace and under belly was never connected. Could pull it out of the plastic shield under the slide where it goes through frame to underbelly. Never hooked up. Took a few bolts out of bottom cover to access it and connect it and all good. Frustrating venture, but all good now. Good luck!
    @Kanman
    Thanks for helping out. Your find helps support the need for a coax tester in situations like these. At least it helps to narrow down the likely 'culprits'.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    The port labeled O/S TV goes to the connector in the other side of the bay. It is for the outside TV.

The port labled SAT/LIVING ROOM goes to a coax connector for the main TV. Maybe behind the TV, maybe in a cabinet above the TV. That's for you to connect a ground based sat antenna to a satellite box for the main TV.

The port labeled CABLE/CABLE goes to the antenna/cable switch box. That's the box near the TV with a tiny button on it to switch between the cable and antenna as an input to the main TV and bedroom TV. When the light is on you are on antenna; off is cable. It is not an amplifier. It is just a switch to: 1) change between antenna and cable, and 2) send 12v to the antenna where a booster is for amplifying over-the-air TV.

The port labeled AUX/BEDROOM goes to the coax connector near the bedroom TV and it is labeled AUX. It is there if you want to put a satellite receiver there too from and external sat antenna.

That sorts out your cable plugs in the wet bay.

The antenna/switch device (in the wall, with the tiny button and light) has 4 ports on it. 3 are behind the wall plate on the circuit board. They are labeled: 1) cable in; 2) antenna in; 3) to TVs. The "To TVs" port is what feeds the cable or antenna signal to the bedroom TV. SOMETIMES the "To TVs" goes to a splitter to feed the bedroom TV and the main TV. I'm pretty sure GD sends the "To TV" cable to the bedroom and uses the external port on the wall plate to feed the main TV.

whew.... pretty simple, huh?

Get one of these and trace your cables. I'm pretty sure I am 90% right, but the coax runs need to be tested.

It got pretty crazy trying to read through all the various posts trying to help out. So I just cut to the end and listed what I am quite sure is the right way things are set up. Maybe for now, for you, just use that external cable until someone from GD can check things out.

WOW!!! You said quite a bit, traveldawg. I appreciate it.
    I must laugh, as you stated in your explanation that it was pretty simple. LMAO!!!
    Sorry had to say that. I do not consider myself a highly technical person.
    If behind the pass thru door control bay is a mess of wires and pipes, I will pass on even trying to open and view the insides.
    As you said, I will wait for a G.D. Technical person.
    Thanks for the information, in detail, anyways.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy
    Enjoy your Camping Season
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS at 37ft 11in with hitch weight at 1065lbs - UVW at 9484lbs, CCC at 1811bs, for total GVWR at 11295lbs .
    Tow w/a 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (3/4 ton) 6.6L 4x4 w/3.73 axle ratio - UVW 7132lbs, CCC 2868lbs, total GVWR 10000lbs, w/GCWR 24000lbs & Tow cap 14,500lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanman View Post

Yes, you lucked out. As stated, it took some hours of searching and testing.
    I guess I do not have the patients for long involved testing, tracing, etc.
    Interesting find you came up with. Congrats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I have a 2022 315RLTS that has no continuity to either the cable connection or satellite connection at either the BR or LR - from the Nautilus panel connection point. I can get cable in the BR only, when using the outside connection at the rear LR slide. The LR and BR TV work on cable when connected directly to the campground pedestal. Does anyone have any idea of where the cables are routed through the interior? The BR appears to go up towards the ceiling - see no visible splitters. The connections are tight behind the Nautilus panel. I have tried splitters to the other two connections there - but still open connections. Think the cable and connections must route underneath or through the ceiling to avoid the slide-out, but have discovered wiring inside the pantry at the base. Is there a "master " connection point that distributes the signals? Color coding on the cabling changes somewhere - brown in bedroom - but orange at TV2 connection. Satellite changes from purple to black. Any help is appreciated!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geardrive_57 View Post
    Hi! I have a 2022 315RLTS that has no continuity to either the cable connection or satellite connection at either the BR or LR - from the Nautilus panel connection point. I can get cable in the BR only, when using the outside connection at the rear LR slide. The LR and BR TV work on cable when connected directly to the campground pedestal. Does anyone have any idea of where the cables are routed through the interior? The BR appears to go up towards the ceiling - see no visible splitters. The connections are tight behind the Nautilus panel. I have tried splitters to the other two connections there - but still open connections. Think the cable and connections must route underneath or through the ceiling to avoid the slide-out, but have discovered wiring inside the pantry at the base. Is there a "master " connection point that distributes the signals? Color coding on the cabling changes somewhere - brown in bedroom - but orange at TV2 connection. Satellite changes from purple to black. Any help is appreciated!
    Looks like this is your first post, welcome aboard. Some here have reported that their coax was miswired. Do you have a cable tester like what @traveldawg recommended above? You'll probably need something like that to figure it out. Sometimes there is service at the main TV only and you'll need to add a splitter to get to the BR or outside TV.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123