Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your thread does say "intermittently"

Well, I'd put them back and go again...

It could be the controller, a wiring harness or a motor... until you can get it to the point of failure, it's going to be very difficult to diagnose

Good luck and keep us posted

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today the slide system failed with the motor wires switched on the controller. The error code 8 again pointed to the original motor 1. I'm thinking about removing motor 1 and checking the wires. I know I must remove the retention screw on the outside in order to remove the motor. I was inspecting the seal from the outside and it appears to be sealed with caulking at the top and down the left side of the seal. I'm not sure if I need to cut away the caulking in order to expose the motor retention screw? Any thoughts on how best to expose the screw without damaging the seal?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to plan on a motor replacement. The motors are not too pricey, I bought one from Amazon to have on hand as a spare.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should not have to break the seal on the outside at all. The screw should be available once the slide out has moved out about 6 in or so

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same issue as you are having with our 2021 22MLE. I have done everything you have tried except taking the motor out, It look like it is pretty hard to remove and replace. I will be interested to know what you find out and how hard was it to remove the motor.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The motor is not hard to get out.... IF the slide is out 4-6 inches or more. If the slide is stuck in like ours was, the first order of business is to get the slide out 4-6 inches... took a mobile RV tech over an hour to get it out that far.

On our 2022 2500RL...
    1. From the inside, remove any trim that might be hiding the electrical at the top
    2. Peal back the rubber bumper at the top to expose the motor
    3. locate the wire connection to the motor and disconnect
    4. From the outside, remove the screw that is holding the motor in place. It only goes into a slot in the motor, not screwed directly into the motor
    5. From the inside, lift the motor straight up and wiggle it out

I also found many YouTube videos on motor removal/replacement, easy enough

Rick

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took out the old motor and inspected the wires, no apparent damage to the wires or the connections on the motor circuit board. Installed a new motor and plugged it back in only to find out it's not the motor causing the problem. Taking the motor out was not a big deal as long as the slide is out enough to access the retainer screw on the outside. It appears that for some reason the power stops going to motor one. This leads me to believe that the controller is cutting off the power to motor one for some reason. When put in manual mode at the controller the slide works perfectly, comes in and goes out, and is in sync. I've ordered a new controller and will see if that solved the problem.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, I took your advice and removed the motor and everything looks good. It is strange, I have the same exact issue as Gary, it works fine in manual mode, I am able to re-sync it and move it in and out without issue. If I leave it alone and then come back when it is no longer in manual mode the kitchen end stops after moving make a foot. I am wondering if it is binding somewhere but you would think you would see and issue in manual mode also.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was working with the Mobile RV tech on my slide the same thing occurred and he told me it was the motors were out of sync. I've had to sync it multiple times. Seems sinking it when it's fully out works better than sinking it when it's fully in, at least in my experience

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    When I was working with the Mobile RV tech on my slide the same thing occurred and he told me it was the motors were out of sync. I've had to sync it multiple times. Seems sinking it when it's fully out works better than sinking it when it's fully in, at least in my experience
    To fully sync the slide you need to do the sync process (4 times at the in position, and 4 times at the out position) according to a bulletin.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast