User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electronic Weather Station

We have a small weather station at home. Tells you temp and humidity both inside and out. I would like to get one for the RV. Anyone have some ideas? Not sure where to attach the device outside or if you have something like that where is it attached?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these and am happy with it. I put the transmitters near the nautilus panel, one in outside kitchen and on outside.

Kalawen Weather Station Wireless... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1DSWBH...p_mob_ap_share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I have one of these and am happy with it. I put the transmitters near the nautilus panel, one in outside kitchen and on outside.

Kalawen Weather Station Wireless... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1DSWBH...p_mob_ap_share

Where outside may I ask? I assume out of the sun and rain. Like on the frame under the RV?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velcro to the x-chock under the slide so I don’t forget it.

2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mine Velcro’ed under the door where the steps fold in.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having flown and sailed for many of my younger years, you might call me a "weather bug." At the stix 'n brix I had a top-of-the-line Davis Instruments Vantage Pro 2 weather station with two or three consoles around the house. The base station fed a complete data set to Weather Underground every minute via the internet. It was hard for me to give that up when we hit the road. For the past seven years I have used one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. One of the satellite sensors is fastened under the fifth wheel overhang with the "super Velcro" stuff. Another is in the basement near the Nautilus panel to keep an eye on temperatures there, and the third is on top of the batteries in the front compartment since we have LiFePO4 batteries. The unit in the link has been very reliable and is accurate unless the early morning or late evening sun is hitting the outside sensor due to the sun's low angle.

Now... I have really missed having the rain and wind data (as well as the heat/chill indexes), history, etc. You can see where this is going. My Father's Day gift is sitting next to me waiting for the Flagpole Buddy to mount it on (will arrive Monday): https://www.scientificsales.com/Davi...davis-6250.htm. I'll have to pull it down and stow it for travel (just a minute or two with the Flagpole Buddy), but my weather longings will be satisfied again.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'll have to pull it down and stow it for travel (just a minute or two with the Flagpole Buddy), but my weather longings will be satisfied again.
    It’s spec’ed to record winds “as high as 150 mph”. Why would you have to stow it?

Thanks for that. I’d been windowshopping for something nice with wind speeds, but the reviews of almost everything are such a mixed bag. I see too many reports of “stopped working after x months”. I would be confident in your recommendation.

I’m not a weather junkie, but I like data, so I’d enjoy knowing the wind speeds of some of the lake side sites we camp at. And I do like to journal the basic conditions, high/low, etc. Until it pooped out, I used a basic thermometer with high/low memory I reset every trip. This would be nice to journal hard data of anything/everything. I’m willing to spend on it if I thought it’d last a while.

I take it the only way to get data off of the device is the extra Weather Link Computer piece?

Do you know if the 25 day history survives being unplugged/packed between camping trips?
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdburgerjr View Post
    It’s spec’ed to record winds “as high as 150 mph”. Why would you have to stow it?

Thanks for that. I’d been windowshopping for something nice with wind speeds, but the reviews of almost everything are such a mixed bag. I see too many reports of “stopped working after x months”. I would be confident in your recommendation.

I’m not a weather junkie, but I like data, so I’d enjoy knowing the wind speeds of some of the lake side sites we camp at. And I do like to journal the basic conditions, high/low, etc. Until it pooped out, I used a basic thermometer with high/low memory I reset every trip. This would be nice to journal hard data of anything/everything. I’m willing to spend on it if I thought it’d last a while.

I take it the only way to get data off of the device is the extra Weather Link Computer piece?

Do you know if the 25 day history survives being unplugged/packed between camping trips?
    The primary reason for stowing it for travel is unforeseen obstacles such as low-hanging tree branches, etc. I mounted mine today and the ISS is about 4' above the roof line.

I have many years experience with the level of Davis Instruments weather stations above this one (Vantage Pro and Vantage Pro 2) with good results.

The console accepts three C-cell batteries to retain data when unplugged or during travel.

Yes - the optional WeatherLink module connected to a computer is the only way to get data off these units. I had the station at the stix 'n brix connected to my home server and it fed data to Weather Underground every minute. You can do some cool stuff with years worth of data on the PC app...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The primary reason for stowing it for travel is unforeseen obstacles such as low-hanging tree branches, etc.
    I meant to be flippant, but if you’re saying the sensor unit really is solid enough for highway driving, I’m looking forward to having one. For that matter, I’d probably fix up a way to let it work/record at home between trips, if it’s not vital for the anemometer to be somewhere like on the roof.
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdburgerjr View Post
    I meant to be flippant, but if you’re saying the sensor unit really is solid enough for highway driving, I’m looking forward to having one. For that matter, I’d probably fix up a way to let it work/record at home between trips, if it’s not vital for the anemometer to be somewhere like on the roof.
    No - I don't think the sensor suite on the Vantage Vue is sturdy enough to go bouncing down the road (different from 150 MPH winds). The mount is plastic with a steel U-bolt through it with a single backing plate. Almost all of the Vantage Vue ISS is plastic, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast