User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Truck

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gosh - didn't mean to turn this into a delivery story. I should get the F-350 I ordered on 10/29/21 next month. It shouldn't take longer to make a truck than a baby!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On mine it only took about 3 weeks to get it after the dealer was notified that it was shipped👍 I was told all the 3500’s are shipped to Nashville!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    gosh - didn't mean to turn this into a delivery story. I should get the F-350 I ordered on 10/29/21 next month. It shouldn't take longer to make a truck than a baby!
    @traveldawg Your truck and baby comparison got me thinking.
    Making a baby is lots more fun than ordering a truck, but
    also much more expensive over the next 20 years. LOL
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my Ram 3500Long Horn CCSB keys in hand within 10 weks of ordering. It just depends on what items are not available in large numbers at the time of the build. When mine we built blind spot monitoring and sunroofs were mostly unavailable, some had been waiting for 8 months plus mostly. Luckily I wasn't interested in those items.

Shipping is different for each region. Mine entered the US via train then transfered to a truck to the dealership in LA. If it's shipped via ship the journey is much longer.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    You're both lucky...I ordered a 3500 Jan 26th,so 5 mths plus now, and it still has not been scheduled for build and no VIN issued as of yet. Dealer tells me the hold up is the factory puck system. Yet the dealer ordered a 2500 Limited with the factory puck system after mine was ordered and it is now in transit to them. So it appears, they do have some supply of the puck system but they are cherry picking which trucks they are willing to build and put them into.
    Perhaps like Calbar, I will hear in about a month or so that it has been built and shipped.
    Yes with mine I was constantly hearing it was in scheduling and the just overnight it was built and shipping. I did have my VIN for about 3 months though as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkevinmarshsr View Post
    I had my Ram 3500Long Horn CCSB keys in hand within 10 weks of ordering. It just depends on what items are not available in large numbers at the time of the build. When mine we built blind spot monitoring and sunroofs were mostly unavailable, some had been waiting for 8 months plus mostly. Luckily I wasn't interested in those items.

Shipping is different for each region. Mine entered the US via train then transfered to a truck to the dealership in LA. If it's shipped via ship the journey is much longer.
    The factory is also prioritizing parts to the higher margin trucks such as your Long Horn. My Big Horn took back seat to higher model levels.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We signed the order for our 3500 Limited DRW on Dec. 28, 2021 and drove it off of the lot on April 11. I was a little surprised after expecting about 6 months. I think it might be a bit of hit-or-miss regarding the supply of parts and option equipment available at any point in time. We got a VIN in three weeks. The build notice was about a month before delivery. The dealer said that after they set the VIN, they start accumulating the build parts. When all the parts are in the build plant inventory, they send the frame down the line to put it all together.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry not sure why I typed Long Horn, must be wishful thinking. My truck is a Big Horn. They couldn't build higher end trucks when they didn't have the components.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    The factory is also prioritizing parts to the higher margin trucks such as your Long Horn. My Big Horn took back seat to higher model levels.

Rob
    This is exactly what my dealer feels is happening with my order...Bighorn with the added features of the level C group, just don't cut it compared to the Laramie or Limited as far as their profit margin is concerned. Dealer told me the Limited he has on route to him right now would cost me an extra $18,000 than my current order, and he's even discounting it to about the same tune as my current order. I struggle to see the value in that, and don't think I want to go down that route.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    This is exactly what my dealer feels is happening with my order...Bighorn with the added features of the level C group, just don't cut it compared to the Laramie or Limited as far as their profit margin is concerned. Dealer told me the Limited he has on route to him right now would cost me an extra $18,000 than my current order, and he's even discounting it to about the same tune as my current order. I struggle to see the value in that, and don't think I want to go down that route.
    I agree. We need the power folding tow mirrors and our dealer told us that the factory is using all the supply of these on high end trucks and none for Big Horn even as an option. Told him I had to have them so he is ordering OEM ones and putting them on my truck free of charge.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12