User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to use under chassis storage with GD (Imagine)

I've been intrigued by things like the Lippert Underchassis Double Bin Storage.

However I noticed when I looked at the 2150RB I am going to pick up that there are side skirts that might interfere with install/use.

Anyone have insights/tips?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20220706-010124_Chrome.jpg   Screenshot_20220706-010213_Gallery.jpg  
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2150RB is a great floorplan. We have the Transcend Xplor version. I recall the Imagine 2150RB having more storage areas than than the Xplor version. IMO you will not need the extra storage area as there is plenty of area in the passthrough and the cabinets and under the bed. My thought would be to camp in it first a few times before exploring that option too much.

Enjoy your new camper!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it fits and doesnt effect the performance of your RV, sure why not. Would keep in mind that anything placed under the frame "may" cause issues with clearance height, weight distribution, and or future maintenence.

We placed some 4" PVC pipe infront of our OEM trailer hitch frame mount bar to store various items. By doing so, our departure angle didnt change much due to the OEM frame mounted rear (stored) sissor jacks heights, but depending on what we store in them may cause weight distribution considerations when traveling down the road.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post
    The 2150RB is a great floorplan. We have the Transcend Xplor version. I recall the Imagine 2150RB having more storage areas than than the Xplor version. IMO you will not need the extra storage area as there is plenty of area in the passthrough and the cabinets and under the bed. My thought would be to camp in it first a few times before exploring that option too much.

Enjoy your new camper!!
    I'm going full time and moving from 1500 sqft sticksnbricks and while I've already already come to grips with how much stuff I will have to leave behind. And really send out my stuff there's a couple of bulkier but lightweight things such as purpose specific backpacks, safety gear, and one single lawn decoration that won't add a lot to the loaded trailer weight but will take up square footage. That I need to figure out a place to store. I was thinking just forward of the wheels to minimize loss of clearance and keep weight near the axles.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    If it fits and doesnt effect the performance of your RV, sure why not. Would keep in mind that anything placed under the frame "may" cause issues with clearance height, weight distribution, and or future maintenence.

We placed some 4" PVC pipe infront of our OEM trailer hitch frame mount bar to store various items. By doing so, our departure angle didnt change much due to the OEM frame mounted rear (stored) sissor jacks heights, but depending on what we store in them may cause weight distribution considerations when traveling down the road.
    My worry is less about departure angle which I'm already going to reduce by installing a hitch for a bike carrier and more about the (cosmetic?) side skirts.

What I've circled in purple is what I'm calling side skirts. I think they're cosmetic and or maybe something to do with drag. I would want to put the box where I have specified with the red drawing. I'm thinking if I was extremely careful I could just cut the skirts in order to fit the boxes under there and then somehow attach the skirts with magnets and/or latches to keep the look. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220706-143750_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	41653

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    My worry is less about departure angle which I'm already going to reduce by installing a hitch for a bike carrier and more about the (cosmetic?) side skirts.

What I've circled in purple is what I'm calling side skirts. I think they're cosmetic and or maybe something to do with drag. I would want to put the box where I have specified with the red drawing. I'm thinking if I was extremely careful I could just cut the skirts in order to fit the boxes under there and then somehow attach the skirts with magnets and/or latches to keep the look. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220706-143750_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	41653
    Looks possible. However, not knowing where your I frame is on your particular trailer, it may interfere with your plans. On our 295RL, GD placed a 2" square I frame support tube from (dont remember how long) in front of the axle to within a foot of end of the I frame going back.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 07-06-2022 at 08:33 PM. Reason: More info...
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)