User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Fellowship of Grand Design Owners

We were driving through the town of Buffalo, WY yesterday - just coming off the mountain from camping, and we see another Imagine just heading up. If you are on these boards and see this, the acknowledgement we all shared made made my day!! Cheers! Life is good!
    Almost Retired
    2019 Imagine XLS 21BHE
    2008 Toyota Tundra
    equalizer sway bar

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norma Miller View Post
    We were driving through the town of Buffalo, WY yesterday - just coming off the mountain from camping, and we see another Imagine just heading up. If you are on these boards and see this, the acknowledgement we all shared made made my day!! Cheers! Life is good!
    Glad to hear about your good experience @Norma Miller, there does seem to be a strong sense of community among GD owners. And with prospective GD owners too, the other day I was approached by someone considering a GD purchase who wanted to know about how much truck he needed to tow a Reflection 150 Series.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Glad to hear about your good experience @Norma Miller, there does seem to be a strong sense of community among GD owners. And with prospective GD owners too, the other day I was approached by someone considering a GD purchase who wanted to know about how much truck he needed to tow a Reflection 150 Series.
    Well a stock 150 of course. DUH. BTW that is a joke.

I have approached a few GD owners. Some nice some not. But then again I can say that about and brand of RV owner. I wish more people would stop and say hi.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Well a stock 150 of course. DUH. BTW that is a joke.

I have approached a few GD owners. Some nice some not. But then again I can say that about and brand of RV owner. I wish more people would stop and say hi.
    Different class of RVers these days for sure! Most CGs we've been too have been filled with your typical stick built owner types that pretty much keep to themselves and dont like to reach out much to others.

However, we still run into the occasional meet and greet types. Tip: keep to the CGs that are adults only or 55+ if possible. They tend to have more of the meet and greet "old school RVers" types.

P.S. I tow a 150 with my 150..... figure that gives me a 300! Now if I can only afford that 2022 Freightliner upgrade.....
    Last edited by trailrydr; 07-21-2022 at 01:01 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Different class of RVers these days for sure! Most CGs we've been too have been filled with your typical stick built owner types that pretty much keep to themselves and dont like to reach out much to others.

However, we still run into the occasional meet and greet types. Tip: keep to the CGs that are adults only or 55+ if possible. They tend to have more of the meet and greet "old school RVers" types.

P.S. I tow a 150 with my 150..... figure that gives me a 300! Now if I can only afford that 2022 Freightliner upgrade.....
    150 with a 150 like trains. Makes perfect sense. Well, what helps a ton with meeting others is having a cute little dog. She seems to make the grumpiest people chatty.

Last outing we saw a guy with a GMC. I remember the truck from years ago. It is a pickup that looks like a Semi. MASSIVE.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fellowship of Grand Design Owners

Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    150 with a 150 like trains. Makes perfect sense. Well, what helps a ton with meeting others is having a cute little dog. She seems to make the grumpiest people chatty.

Last outing we saw a guy with a GMC. I remember the truck from years ago. It is a pickup that looks like a Semi. MASSIVE.
    I think you are describing a Kodiak (Top Kick)Great trucks, stopped making them around 2009.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5948.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	42000

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I think you are describing a Kodiak (Top Kick)Great trucks, stopped making them around 2009.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5948.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	42000

Bill
    That is it. What a monster. Like the old International pickup they made for a few years. They do look a bit silly though.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie