Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double pane windows will decrease the CCC, if you can get a pic of the sticker and compare it to a non double pane with options close to the same..this is just another way to verify the window option
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGD380FL View Post
    I am in the process of buying a used 2021 Solitude 380FL from a private owner. I asked him for a copy of the original build sheet, but he says he cannot find it.

Is there a Grand Design webpage or some other way to obtain the build sheet if I have the VIN? I want to verify some of the optional items which are listed in his Ad.

When we were buying our used 2018 I contacted GD through the other forum and requested info from them. They provided me the page that has the trailer tank capacities and weights along with the sheet that has all the components with serial numbers. They did not provide what I would consider a build sheet of options.

Something for the the OP (and others) to keep in mind is that in order to receive recall notices GD needs to be made aware of the change in ownership. You can email the VIN and proof of ownership (bill of sale, title, registration are what they told me is acceptable) to [email protected] and they will update their records.
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TxGD380FL -

The options you list are great ones to have. The H-rated Coopers (very good tires) are standard with the 8K axle upgrade/option on the Solitudes. Heat pump or heat strip (be sure which one the seller is talking about) on only the living room AC is normal. We love our dual pane windows but, on our 310GK-R, they did decrease the CCC by about 350 lbs. (not something i think you'll need to worry about on the 380 with 8K axles and H-rated tires).

Sounds like a good unit you're looking at - if well maintained.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our solitude only the center AC is actually a heat pump. The other two are just AC's. Consequently the central thermostat differs as it has electric heat as an option as well as gas heat. It is possible that the other AC's have heat strips. I put them in our last RV and it involved changing the thermostats to add ones that could control the electric heat option via the thermostats.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all of the replies and advice on how to determine the optional features on the camper. I do not know how many heat pumps it has, but as long as it has one, we will be good. The Cooper Tires and Double Pane Windows will be easy to see in person.

The deal was approved with my Credit Union, so now I need to get the B&W Gooseneck Turnover Ball Hitch installed into my truck. The hitch company is closed over the weekend, so it will have to wait until Monday. I did not want to pay for the hitch installation before I know the deal was finalized.

The plan is to drive to where the camper is located and inspect everything in person before agreeing to the final sale. If everything looks as good as the pictures and video he sent, I will hook it up to my truck and tow it home.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the purhcase! I have a '21 380FL and it's a great unit. Heat pump is on the middle AC unit (at least in a 3 AC configuration) and what the guys are saying about Heat-Elec showing on the thermostat is correct.

Worth mention, I just installed some RV Air flow last week on the other 2 ACs and it seems like adding a heat pump to the other two ACs would be easy. I can't imagine they are much money given how cheap it was to order, so don't let that be the reason you don't buy if it's not there. Especially if it's a 2 AC config with the heat pump in the living room like Rob suggested as you have the fire place in there (works great). One other thing to keep in mind is the heat pump does not work when temps get below 35-40 degrees. It gets automatically overridden by the furnace, or at least that's how it works on my MicroAir thermostats.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_ View Post
    Good luck with the purhcase! I have a '21 380FL and it's a great unit. Heat pump is on the middle AC unit (at least in a 3 AC configuration) and what the guys are saying about Heat-Elec showing on the thermostat is correct.

Worth mention, I just installed some RV Air flow last week on the other 2 ACs and it seems like adding a heat pump to the other two ACs would be easy. I can't imagine they are much money given how cheap it was to order, so don't let that be the reason you don't buy if it's not there. Especially if it's a 2 AC config with the heat pump in the living room like Rob suggested as you have the fire place in there (works great). One other thing to keep in mind is the heat pump does not work when temps get below 35-40 degrees. It gets automatically overridden by the furnace, or at least that's how it works on my MicroAir thermostats.
    Thanks! I am looking forward to picking it up this weekend.

It is a 3 AC configuration and I will be fine if it only has the heat pump on one of them. We have owned an Imagine 3100RD with the fireplace in the Den and I agree it is a wonderful option for when the weather gets cold in SE Texas. It only gets below 35 degrees a couple of days each year, so that is not too big of a problem for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12