User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have you replaced your Titan Fireplace model WF-40S with?

I have a 2020 Reflection 303RLS that came with the dreaded Titan Fireplace. Of course it no longer works. Has anyone located the alleged fuse that could be out? I have looked and can't seem to find it. With all the problems I am reading about this fireplace I wonder what you all have replaced it with? I know it is a 40" fireplace, but the opening and actual measurements are not 40". LOL. So instead of recreating the wheel anyone out there get a plug and play replacement that they recommend? Look forward to replies. Humor gladly accepted. On a side note I called Grand Design and they graciously offered to contact the manufacture and their communication with me was excellent, I advised them I would also contact the manufacture. I called Worldwide Industries and spoke to a very helpful man there. He said they only imported the fireplace but stopped doing so several years ago. He was very helpful trouble shooting with me and an all around great guy to spend the time on the phone with me. My unit is acting like it is getting zero power. Breaker and plug work fine. I disassembled the device and can't find any broken connections, loose wires, blown fuses. Everything actually looks really good inside. Well strapped, clean and in good condition. So, long story short, lets push it to the trash bin and replace with a more reliable something....Ready for all suggestions.
    Last edited by Phsablue; 07-25-2022 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added information

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a couple doors , turn it into storage. Then pick up a non fireplace portable heater for the new storage space.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dimplex makes a wide variety of electric fireplaces in a number of different sizes. We had issues with the junky Innoflame 48" fireplace that came in our Solitude (the size is the side-to-side measurement of the glass or front face) which GD had already replaced once under warranty. It took quite a bit of searching - I had to go to the manual for each model and find the exact opening and front glass size - to find an exact fit, but I finally found it on Dimplex's site and ordered it from Amazon for less than 1/3 of the list price at the so-called fireplace stores. It is higher quality construction than the Innoflame (which makes it a bit heavier) and looks much nicer - came with choices of logs, two sizes of glass, or pebbles to put in the bottom.

https://www.dimplex.glendimplexameri...ric-fireplaces

Find what you need above and then go to Amazon and search for Dimplex and the model number.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great suggestion. I thought about putting the dog bed inside and just dressing up the opening. Wife said no way. She wants the fireplace. 😂

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Innoflame seems to be the one that fits exactly to the specs from the Titan. Played around with all options. Been to all the fireplace vendors. I scratch my head and would love to dissect some of those 99$ ones for home install. Just don’t know if they are wrapped up as tight as the “RV” branded ones. Oh well. Camping this weekend and put the dog bed in the opening along with the dog toy basket. Wonder if my wife will notice? 😜

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phsablue View Post
    Great suggestion. I thought about putting the dog bed inside and just dressing up the opening. Wife said no way. She wants the fireplace. ��
    @Phsablue -

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification (though not an issue in this short thread).

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015