Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway Lovetowanderrv's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz80 View Post
    Please put me at ease, we're scheduled to take delivery Saturday of a 2023 260RD, from posts I'm seeing over the last week on FB with frame/suspension and roof issues I am deeply concerned we're stepping into a hornets nest... what the heck has happened to the quality of GD trailers! I understand there will always be issues with every manufacturer but there seems to be a reoccurring theme with GD models.
    Kind of leaning towards bailing on purchasing a GD trailer at this time!
    Grand Design has sold over 50,000 units since its inception 5 years ago this past Feb. That's about 10,000 units a year. The posts you are seeing represent a very small portion of this number, I think you would agree. You will be hard pressed to find any manufacture without issues. The key here is your relationship with your "lifeline" the dealer and their service department. Be sure they do a complete Pre Delivery Inspection on your rig. Get to know the service manager by name.

Good luck with your decision, we have not regretted ours for the past 7 years.
    RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
    MorRyde Independent Suspension
    RVTAA - Registered Tech

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would make any decision based on anything they see/read on FB. For me that is just about the worst place to gather reliable information.

I think the decision comes down to - do you want an RV or not. If yes, get it. If you don't care to RV then just pass.

If you keep working about what might happen then maybe RVing isn't for you. Stuff will happen, mostly small things, sometimes big things; but they will happen.
    I was just thinking the same thing…
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK
    2022 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 Godzilla

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Before buying another brand go to that brands forum and see what is being said about them.
    The same complaints. We just went through the GD factory tour. To listen to them you would think they have the best built camper, the best materials, the best customer service, the best dealer relationships. During the tour he was toting the use of the Winegaurd Air 360 as the antenna and how good it was so I decided to throw a wrench in the works and pointed out you can`t install this antenna with in 2 ft. of an obstruction. They had them mounted within 8 inches of the A/C shroud so you wont get coverage from that direction. He had no answer and blew over it to another item. There all the same if you like the floor plan which is the most important part ( just ask the wife ) go for it and just buy a good set of tools to take with you. Life's short no worries or just befriend a good mechanic.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    The same complaints. We just went through the GD factory tour. To listen to them you would think they have the best built camper, the best materials, the best customer service, the best dealer relationships. During the tour he was toting the use of the Winegaurd Air 360 as the antenna and how good it was so I decided to throw a wrench in the works and pointed out you can`t install this antenna with in 2 ft. of an obstruction. They had them mounted within 8 inches of the A/C shroud so you wont get coverage from that direction. He had no answer and blew over it to another item. There all the same if you like the floor plan which is the most important part ( just ask the wife ) go for it and just buy a good set of tools to take with you. Life's short no worries or just befriend a good mechanic.
    ALL RV factory tours talk about how they are the best. It's just part of the sales 'schtick'....

I like the befriend a good mechanic.... if you need to fix something at the campground just stand around with some kind of tool long enough and someone will come over to help.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it depends on your expectations. If you are expecting automotive level quality and zero issues you will be disappointed and experience buyers remorse. If you don’t mind fixing a few things yourself and working with GD if/when you have bigger problems then all is well. You will enjoy the experience. We have had issues but overall we love our rig.

Brian
    Brian & Shea+ Zeke & Roxy GSP’s
    2018 GD Reflection 303RLS 800w solar 400ah LiFePO4
    Sold 2018 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat gas 2,980# payload
    2024 Ford F-350 4x4 CCSB Lariat diesel 4,000# payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please put me at ease, we're scheduled to take delivery Saturday of a 2023 260RD, from posts I'm seeing over the last week on FB with frame/suspension and roof issues I am deeply concerned we're stepping into a hornets nest... what the heck has happened to the quality of GD trailers! I understand there will always be issues with every manufacturer but there seems to be a reoccurring theme with GD models.
    Kind of leaning towards bailing on purchasing a GD trailer at this time!
    So Grizz80, did you take delivery?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you all for the input you've provided... still moving forward with picking up the rig Saturday, after a thorough look over!
    Hi Grizz80,

Just reaching out to see how your PDI went with your potential new rig?

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123