Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion DV7200S No TV SOund

Just took our frist trip with a brand new Imagine 2500RL. I have tried everything to get sound from our TCL Roku TV through the Furrion, no love. There is no capability in the Furrion to accept HDMI ARC. The only solution I could think of was to go from the headphone port on the back of the TV to the audio in jacks on the back of the Furrion. All I get is hum. I have 3.5 mm to RCA cords thast I know work fine. I have tried headphones in the headphone port on the TV and that works. I am left with the ports on the back of the Furrion being bad. Anyone else try this???

Thanks

Pat Simpson
    2023 Imaging 2500RL
    2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
    Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsongb View Post
    Just took our frist trip with a brand new Imagine 2500RL. I have tried everything to get sound from our TCL Roku TV through the Furrion, no love. There is no capability in the Furrion to accept HDMI ARC. The only solution I could think of was to go from the headphone port on the back of the TV to the audio in jacks on the back of the Furrion. All I get is hum. I have 3.5 mm to RCA cords thast I know work fine. I have tried headphones in the headphone port on the TV and that works. I am left with the ports on the back of the Furrion being bad. Anyone else try this???

Thanks

Pat Simpson
    2023 Imaging 2500RL
    2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
    Blue Ox SwayPro
    First off @simpsongb, this looks like your first post, welcome to the forum. While I don't have that stereo, the manual (https://cdn.accentuate.io/1906119376...200_IM_WEB.pdf) shows an HDMI in port on the front of the unit. Are you saying yours doesn't have that? Does your TCL have an optical out? Some have reported success using the optical out with a converter that allowed them to plug into the audio in jacks.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks SOundSailor....I tried both HDMI portd..nada. The TCL does hav an optical, but, of course, the Furrion does not. I could try buying an adaptor. I may look at just buying a better unit than the FUrrion.....the hum makes me think it may be defective. Perpahs I should report that to my dealer or directly to GD??

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks SOundSailor....I tried both HDMI portd..nada. The TCL does hav an optical, but, of course, the Furrion does not. I could try buying an adaptor. I may look at just buying a better unit than the FUrrion.....the hum makes me think it may be defective. Perpahs I should report that to my dealer or directly to GD??
    If you suspect a defective unit, I would go straight to GD. They're usually really good on warranty items.
    Stephen and Judy

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TCL does have an optical, but, of course, the Furrion does not. I could try buying an adaptor.
    Something like this (https://smile.amazon.com/Converter-M.../dp/B07PWJSJ97) might do the trick.
    Stephen and Judy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same TT, here is what worked for me, posted in another thread

I had the same issue, the HDMI just doesn't work on the front or the back... the front is a passthrough for whatever that means and yes, the back is HDMI Out...

Another user pointed me to this cable and it works great
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8KO2...roduct_details

Plugged it into the Furrion Stereo in the back and got it to work using the AV setting, I then moved the RCA plugs to the other Audio in and it works on HDMI, go figure, I left it alone and buttoned it up, at least it works
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Toy4Rick
    I have two cables just like the one you linked from Amazon. Both of them, when plugged in, create a bad hum. I know tha cables are fine, because I have used them for years.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Toy4Rick
    I have two cables just like the one you linked from Amazon. Both of them, when plugged in, create a bad hum. I know tha cables are fine, because I have used them for years.
    I'm assuming you've plugged the RCA side of the cable into the audio in on the Furrion's rear panel. What happens when you try to plug the other end into your phone? You could have a bad plug on the TCL end.
    Stephen and Judy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plugged some headphoens into the TCL...worked fine. Pretty used to troubleshooting methodology, isolate, etc. The hum in the Furrion seems to indicate to me that the unit has an issue. As I said, the TCL headphone port works fine with headphones, and I tried two different cables, both of which I have used in the past successfully. So, not the TCL port, not the cables. Leaves the FUrrion as far as I can see. Guess I will give GD a call tomorrow....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plugged some headphoens into the TCL...worked fine. Pretty used to troubleshooting methodology, isolate, etc. The hum in the Furrion seems to indicate to me that the unit has an issue. As I said, the TCL headphone port works fine with headphones, and I tried two different cables, both of which I have used in the past successfully. So, not the TCL port, not the cables. Leaves the FUrrion as far as I can see. Guess I will give GD a call tomorrow....
    OK, good luck, hope you find a solution. Let us know how it works out.

BTW, you've probably already tried this but.... The manual shows both an audio in and an AV in. Have you tried both of those?
    Stephen and Judy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast