User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Sitting in the RV today and all was well , til we heard an awful racket. One of our fellow campers was pulling out with his awning extended. Raked completely across our front cap. No major damage , but I’ll have some buffing to do when we get home. One tiny chip on the side where it first hit. I guess we’re lucky it wasn’t worse.
    Charlie
    Ouch! Guess they must have missed the pre-roll inspection. Both the DW and I each do a walk around before we leave a campsite.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our last two trips we watched people backing their trailers and 5th wheels into the space without even getting out of their vehicles to look for any obstructions or hazards. The spouse sat in the passenger seat while the driver backed in. I really couldn’t believe it. These people are lazy or just ignorant. My DW and I get out before we back in. I will sometimes get out half way in to reassess and we always are in sight of each other when in motion. Common sense is not always common today.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have our favorite sites that we try to stay in year after year. I will scan the site for new obstructions (planted trees, where the table is) as we pull past it. We don't get out backing in, till we want to make small adjustments-left/right, forward/back.
    Unfamiliar/new sites we both get out & scan. DW stays out & in a mirror with a phone/walkie as I back.
    Haven't bumped into anything in 20+ years...now where's that wood to knock on.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisLoriGD View Post
    Noticed on our 2014 grand design reflection that the screws or bolts that hold the awning To the trailer/RV have become loose on one end. Not sure what it takes to tighten everything up but something to check! For your information! Dennis
    This was a common problem back then. Our awning also pulled away. Grand Design fixed it with Molly rivets at one of the rallies. Dealer tried fatter screws and it just pulled away again so don't suggest you re screw it. Do a search and you'll find older threads on the awning pulling away from the trailer.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much. Will do it correctly. Appreciate your reply. Dennis

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once was acquainted with a "new owner" who drove off with the electrical power cable still connected. THAT caused real problems!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call it the Golden Circle, because it’s gonna cost me if I miss something 😎

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

powercord

Quote Originally Posted by Jwalthall View Post
    I once was acquainted with a "new owner" who drove off with the electrical power cable still connected. THAT caused real problems!
    Did that just recently as we were leaving a camp ground in branson at 4 am
    trying to be real quite and getting everything ready outside while the wife was doing everything inside , the power cord was the last thing i had to remove.
    when she was done with the inside I forgot about the cord and pulled the trailer off the pavers, good thing was that i just rolled off the pavers and the cord was long enough not to pull out.

she always does that final check and good thing she did. then in OK we got in such a hurry because of a severe thunder storm rolling in, i forgot to remove the wheel choke between the wheels when i pulled the trailer off the pavers. nothing happened.

never be in a hurry is what we preached to ourselves and still do stupid stuff like this.

I agree final walk-around is critical and listen to your wives when she says don't talk to them while they're setting up or breaking down ....

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sound a lot calmer about it than I would be, Charlie - my hat is off to you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use a check list

Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    It's things like this why you should always do a full walk around of the truck/camper prior to pulling out. Glad you didnt have any major damage for someone else's negligence.
    I keep a check list also. You should also try not to be in a hurry. This is usually when mistakes are made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12