User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water tank monitor issue

New owner here of a Momentum 328m. I drained the fresh water tank for winterizing but the monitor still reads 33% full. Has anybody had this issue with their rig? Not sure if it’s related but I inadvertently added water to the auxiliary tank before filling the primary tank on my last camping trip. My understanding is both tanks are connected to each other and both should drain by opening the main drain valve. Am I missing something?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything about the connected tanks. I am on my 3rd rv, none of the level tank level monitors have been worth a hoot.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A better question is, has anyone not had this problem? They all do it I think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    A better question is, has anyone not had this problem? They all do it I think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    The issues are usually with the waste tanks - not fresh water tanks. There should be no solid material in the fresh water tank to muck up the sensors.

OP - I would expect each fresh water tank to have its own dump valve. Ask a moderator to move this to the Manufacturer's Corner so Emily Stahley ( @EStahley ) at GD will see it and get you some answers.

Rob

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The issues are usually with the waste tanks - not fresh water tanks. There should be no solid material in the fresh water tank to muck up the sensors.

OP - I would expect each fresh water tank to have its own dump valve. Ask a moderator to move this to the Manufacturer's Corner so Emily Stahley ( @EStahley ) at GD will see it and get you some answers.

Rob

Rob
    Rob--there's already a duplicate thread by Mtnrider in TECH CORNER: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Momentum+drain

I spent a few minutes trying to research his question but specific info online is woefully lacking.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnrider View Post
    New owner here of a Momentum 328m. I drained the fresh water tank for winterizing but the monitor still reads 33% full. Has anybody had this issue with their rig? Not sure if it’s related but I inadvertently added water to the auxiliary tank before filling the primary tank on my last camping trip. My understanding is both tanks are connected to each other and both should drain by opening the main drain valve. Am I missing something?
    This is the only thread I can find with anything remotely approaching your question, Mtnrider. Give it a read and see if it helps. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ll=1#post96338

Please let us know when you figure it out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No help but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    This is the only thread I can find with anything remotely approaching your question, Mtnrider. Give it a read and see if it helps. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ll=1#post96338

Please let us know when you figure it out.
    My rig only has one white handle dump valve for both fresh water tanks unless there’s another that I can’t find. The monitor worked fine until I added water to the auxiliary tank before the main tank was filled.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My rig only has one white handle dump valve for both fresh water tanks unless there’s another that I can’t find. The monitor worked fine until I added water to the auxiliary tank before the main tank was filled.
    Please remember I know next to nothing about a Momentum--but I've read a few posts where the owner mentions a gray dump handle near the rear of the rig they didn't realize was a fresh water drain. Any chance you have something similar?

Really need a Momentum SME to chime in here...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there is a grey handle next to the white handle behind the wheels but it’s for the second grey water tank.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there is a grey handle next to the white handle behind the wheels but it’s for the second grey water tank.
    Mtnrider,
    Have you seen this thread? https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...nks#post199013

Perhaps @The Glampers can be of assistance...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast