User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water to island not flowing (did search but question)

Down to around 16 with real feel in the single digits. Water flowing in bathroom but not island. Does this eliminate the low point drains as the culprit?

My thought instead of tearing into the coroplast near island was to put 2 each 4x8 sheets of foam directly under the camper in the area of the island.....? Thoughts???
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

What model do you have? Is it insulated underneath or are your lines exposed?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,

The Pex lines to the kitchen island are the most vulnerable to freezing because they are lying directly on the foil/coroplast for a considerable length. These lines also probably contain the low point drains (at least, they do on the 303). A good idea that freeze plugs at the low point drains might be the blockage. I would try warming these with a hair dryer and if you can get these to flow this might clear the blockage. Otherwise, some means of insulating or heating the long run to the island will be required. Your idea of insulation under the coroplast might work, if you can get the edges of the sheets sealed to the coroplast.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.....just wondered where to start....if low point was the culprit. Easy enough to either box off with insulation or wrap.....thanks.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim - If you need to drop the coroplast to insulate the lines (I think @Second Chance Rob had to do this on his 337) you might look at a better routing for the 2” ductwork from the furnace. I found the far end of mine pointing off towards the back curb side where it was not very useful for keeping the water lines warm. Easy stuff to re-route . . . once you drop the coroplast .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heated up the low drain lines and got water to flow! YAY I used some bags of leaves around it for now till i can do a better fix. I was watching the newest video on Youtube about the 310GK and right away i spotted the valves inside a heated area for closing off said low drains! That would be nice.....arctic package uh huh.....everything else was toasty!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.