User Tag List

Thread: Fridge

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge

I have a dometic fridge and I notice the check light flashes from time to time.
    Anyone know why?

Dave

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The check light means that the propane isn't working properly, could be as simple as air in the line if the propane hasn't been used at the fridge in a long time or at all.
    This can happen if when you are running on 12v (dry camping) or if you are running ele it could mean you are having ele issues and the propane either has air in the line or not working properly
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have this issue.... 2019 2970RL has been to dealer 2x for the issue & they can't find problem. Will flash while on Electric & have evidence that it doesn't keep cool.... (Ice melt in freezer) I don't have confidence in it keeping food cold.... looking for good thermometer that can let us know when it isn't working right.... but would be more happy if the dang thing would work properly 100% of the time!.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    We also have this issue.... 2019 2970RL has been to dealer 2x for the issue & they can't find problem. Will flash while on Electric & have evidence that it doesn't keep cool.... (Ice melt in freezer) I don't have confidence in it keeping food cold.... looking for good thermometer that can let us know when it isn't working right.... but would be more happy if the dang thing would work properly 100% of the time!.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chief: Too funny, I went to order the thermometer you recommended & it was the EXACT one i Had in the shopping cart that I found last night!. Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    I keep a automotive AC thermometer in mine all the time. I think I would check the board on the outside of refrig. Could be something as simple as a loose connection. Bouncing along the highway is hard on electrical connections.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    The check light means that the propane isn't working properly, could be as simple as air in the line if the propane hasn't been used at the fridge in a long time or at all.
    This can happen if when you are running on 12v (dry camping) or if you are running ele it could mean you are having ele issues and the propane either has air in the line or not working properly
    How can you clear this air in the line if it happens?
    Jim T.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run a couple burners on the stove , sometimes it may take a bit to even light the stove if there's alot of air in the line. Let the burners run until the flame is steady and blue. It can take a few mins to get a steady flame. A jumpy orange flame is a sign of to much air. If you can't get a steady flame start following the lines and look for a slight crack and check that all the joints are tight.

There could be a possibility you have a faulty circuit board, for that I'd call who ever made the fridge. If it's a Dometic their CS on the phone is pretty darn good, we had great results calling them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks WhittleBurner
    Our 2670MK is going on it's first outing in the morning and I had tried the LP on the fridge but the check light came on. I turned it to auto and ran the AC and it seems fine and is cooling down.
    I saw this posting and figured I would ask here about it.My hope is it is just air and I can run it out. Now that I think about it we have always run the stove as a pre check before heading out and I did not do that today. Going to check it out now.

fast update. I feel dumb now. That was it. Working fine both ways now. Not sure how I missed that one.
    Last edited by ScopesNC; 07-14-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Jim T.