User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added the Furion observation camera to our new 303RL Reflection. We love it. On a 2 month trip with our Imagine it saved us several times. We constantly worry about distracted drivers. Sometimes you feel so helpless!

Wish you well and speedy recovery!
    Tom & Trish

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Trish View Post
    We added the Furion observation camera to our new 303RL Reflection. We love it. On a 2 month trip with our Imagine it saved us several times. We constantly worry about distracted drivers. Sometimes you feel so helpless!

Wish you well and speedy recovery!
    Tom & Trish
    We added the same right after we brought the rig home. It is invaluable in heavy city traffic (When we went through Buffalo NY) and on the interstates. Never had one before and now don't understand why not!!! Unfortunately It would probably not prevent being rear ended, but you could prepare for the impact.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's feasible, I would call Grand Design to see if you can take the trailer to the factory in Ohio to be repaired.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioG9999 View Post
    If it's feasible, I would call Grand Design to see if you can take the trailer to the factory in Ohio to be repaired.
    Do we know the trailer is repairable? That's a pretty long haul to get it from southern California just for repairs. Does Grand Design have a factory in Ohio?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Silver lining... those photos underlined my desire to have another 4Runner in the future!
    Considering the speed it was traveling and how solid those Momentum rears are, it looks really good! Doors will still open allowing occupant egress. I had a 2006 that looked exactly like that one, same color too. I drove it for 7 years and put 200,000 miles on it and it was the most reliable of 18 vehicles I’ve ever owned.

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to read about this! Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope your back in the road soon!!
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the looks of it you'll be getting yourself a new momentum trailer. And I'm glad it did not burn up because now you have proof of all the extras that you put into it, make sure the insurance company knows everything extra. Also it looks like you'll be getting a new truck when the hitch which is attached to the frame moved far enough forward to bend the frame and the bed to hit the cab that's going to be permanent damage on your truck that's never going to be right again good luck getting better.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you and your friend are recovering well... So sorry y'all are having to deal with this. Especially thru no fault of your own.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow! So sorry this happened to you... Far too many idiots on the road!

If you don't mind and the sting has worn off a bit maybe you could share some details

Were there any toys in the back of the T.H? and how were they affected?

Did the impact damage the fuel tanks in the back of the trailer?

Thanks!

P.S. I feel like the T.H. probably faired much better than a typical 5th wheel due to the "bumper/frame" and thicker flooring. Do you agree?

Hope you get back on the road soon!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Holy cow! So sorry this happened to you... Far too many idiots on the road!

If you don't mind and the sting has worn off a bit maybe you could share some details

Were there any toys in the back of the T.H? and how were they affected?

Did the impact damage the fuel tanks in the back of the trailer?

Thanks!

P.S. I feel like the T.H. probably faired much better than a typical 5th wheel due to the "bumper/frame" and thicker flooring. Do you agree?

Hope you get back on the road soon!

I am constanly stunned at the number of idiots on the road. I'm happy to answer any questions, especially if it helps others!

No, there were no toys in the back. We were on a golfing/hiking/fishing trip.
    No, there was no damge to the fuel tanks. However, the water tanks were damaged and lost all of their contents.
    Agree, given the high speed (70+ mph) of the impact, the overall trailer held up better than I anticipated. That said, it bent the frame in the rear and along the entire left side from rear to front.

I pick up the repaired truck this Friday and the new 2020 Momentum 399TH arrives in mid-October. I hope to be back on the road by the 20th of Oct; we are heading to Moab, Zion, Bryce, and then Sedona.

Mahalo, Garo
    - - - - -
    2019 Momentum 399TH Blue/Silver
    2018 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie

Toys
    2018 Polaris RZR Dynamix Turbo
    2018 CRF450RX
    2018 YZ450FX
    2016 YZ250

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast