Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep number bed pump placement question

So we are having a king sleep number mattress installed in our new 320MKS. For those of you that have the mattress did you place the pump inside the bed frame storage area or outside the frame on the floor? I’m thinking of drilling a hole in the bed frame just large enough for the power cord to the receptacle near the floor. Not sure which way the air hose has to run yet.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a solitude but I placed mine inside the bed frame storage area.
    I drilled 2 holes in platform to bring up the air hoses and one hole on the side to run the power cord to outlet.
    I drilled the holes as far back against the wall as I could to give room for air hose to come up and hook to mattress.

It is usually not plugged in. If I do have to reset the amount of air in the mattress its usually at the beginning of the season.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    We have a solitude but I placed mine inside the bed frame storage area.
    I drilled 2 holes in platform to bring up the air hoses and one hole on the side to run the power cord to outlet.
    I drilled the holes as far back against the wall as I could to give room for air hose to come up and hook to mattress.

It is usually not plugged in. If I do have to reset the amount of air in the mattress its usually at the beginning of the season.
    We moved the hoses (mattress) to foot of bed & then put pump inside box also. Drilled hole for power cord in side & hoses in portion that lifts up. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2150RB the pass thru storage is beneath the bed, so I mounted the Sleep Number pump behind the Docking Station & plugged into the outlet on the Station with the air hoses run up thru a hole drilled thru the bed base OSB. The remote still works from inside the trailer.

Tip: when the trailer will be towed take a battery out of the remote. The remote is motion sensitive & each time the trailer moves the remote comes 'alive' & soon drains the batteries.
    Travel Safe,

Mike, Rhonda & Reuben the dog
    '20 Reflection 303RLS
    '20 F-250
    '98 Mustang GT Convertible
    Some other unimportant stuff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tip: when the trailer will be towed take a battery out of the remote. The remote is motion sensitive & each time the trailer moves the remote comes 'alive' & soon drains the batteries.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to know. Thanks!
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 337 and I removed the screwed down plywood at the head of the bed and installed there. I drilled holes to allow the hoses to reach the bed and one to run the power cord out to an outlet. While I was in there, I taped a 12v line to run USB chargers to both sides of the bed.
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS