User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cabinet doors coming apart 2018 297RSTS

This is on a used unit that we are looking to purchase. Everything else seems to be in great shape but 2 of the cabinet doors seem to be coming apart at the seems. I am not sure how easy this would be to fix but seems to be a defect and or very poor quality materials. The unit is only one year old and was used 5-7 times total.

One is above the tri-fold sofa and the other is above the bed. I cant tell yet if they are just coming unglued or if they could be fixed easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Door.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	22922

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	door2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	22923

We wont be the original owners so no warranty (expired anyways). Is this something we should take to GD ? Could they just send use the two new doors?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamessfl View Post
    I cant tell yet if they are just coming unglued or if they could be fixed easily.
    I can't answer your questions but I had a door under the island on our 337 come apart (after I stupidly leaned on it). It was easy to fix with a little glue and clamps, but what I found was there as no glue in the joints - they appeared to be stapled. I don't know if they are all made that way, but it surprised me - although it probably shouldn't have.

Note: if you glue it make sure not to get any glue on the edges of the center panel - it should float inside the frame. So the glue should only be in the corners of the frame.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The doors can be easily fixed. Remove the damaged doors from cabinets. Get a good carpenters glue (Elmers is fine) and squirt or brush the glue it into the loose panels (into the cracks). Then clamp the doors so the gaps close. Make sure to whipe all of the excess glue off with a damp sponge. Leave the clamps on overnight and they will be as good as new. Then reattach them to the cabinets.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    The doors can be easily fixed. Remove the damaged doors from cabinets. Get a good carpenters glue (Elmers is fine) and squirt or brush the glue it into the loose panels (into the cracks). Then clamp the doors so the gaps close. Make sure to whipe all of the excess glue off with a damp sponge. Leave the clamps on overnight and they will be as good as new. Then reattach them to the cabinets.
    Will give that a shot once we purchase the trailer (hopefully this week). Thanks for all the advice all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamessfl View Post
    Will give that a shot once we purchase the trailer (hopefully this week). Thanks for all the advice all.
    If you don’t have clamps long enough for that second door, you might try ratchet straps instead.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L