User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbrunk21 View Post
    Thank you all for the replies. My frustration mostly comes from I LOVE the new 300RBTS floor plan but just am surprised they are still so lacking on the options. Before I started researching GD I had my heart set on a Jayco Eagle. Those trailers are beasts so I decided against them for that reason. But when researching there were some options here and there that I wanted but they didn’t offer on their website. Well they would DO those options at factory they just don’t advertise it. Same exact same thing with cougar, they would do some “off the books” options as well but decided against the floor plans. Then I found the Reflection 300RBTS.....didn’t think it would be an issue to add some options not listed as the prior 2 manufactures would do it. So when it came to order time I was really surprised they wouldn’t do it.

I can understand not having so many standard features BUT it’s the 2020 model year and it’s a Reflection series so I would think auto level would be an option if not standard? A control panel where we could run everything via smartphone should be standard in a 2020 model year in one of the most premium travel trailers out there. The “solid steps” standard on Imagine travel trailers, NOT standard or even an option on Reflection series???? There are more examples of this but that’s just to name a few.

Again I would NOT be so upset if the 300RBTS floor plan wasn’t so perfect for us. We haven’t decided yet, we are going to go look at the cougars and rockwoods again tomorrow. I really think ultimately we will decide against GD only because of those options. GD is supposed to be the leader in travel trailers but they are almost last when it comes to technology and options (Among the top tier) and I hope they catch up sometime soon or would have caught up some by the 2020 model year.
    GD does not monitor this forum.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-24-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I know other brands offer that the Reflection does not is frameless windows, be glad for this, since it is very hard to get good airflow through frameless windows when you want to open them. Just something else to consider.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the 2020 Reflection 315RLTS in mid August (has the pebble interior) and we really like it. We looked at several other trailer brands and did a lot of on line research. We are currently camping in Gold Beach, OR (this is our 3rd trip)...we really enjoy it. It is a big trailer for sure, but with the right hitch set up (I use a ProPride) it tows well. We have the fireplace (this is std), second ac unit (15K btu), and king bed. We have had zero issues...everything has worked as it should. The 12 cu ft double door Norcold fridge does a great job...even keeps ice cream hard. We've found that we only needed to make a few upgrades....Bose sound bar, Goodyear tires, etc. I highly recommend the 315RLTS.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To the OP - Have you actually called Grand Design and asked them. Their customer service is tops in my book. Give them a call.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lipstick on a pig is still a pig.

Buy the construction and layout, then do the add ons.

You can buy a loaded Rockwood or Cougar, but you still have a pig in lipstick.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    One thing I know other brands offer that the Reflection does not is frameless windows, be glad for this, since it is very hard to get good airflow through frameless windows when you want to open them. Just something else to consider.
    Interesting observation. I’ve found that frameless windows offer airflow comparable to sliders, either vertical or horizontal. The area of screen exposed is virtually the same. My only experience was with an Open Range fifth wheel. When sitting in the unit, the cross breeze was the same as sitting in my Imagine. The style is personal, you like it or you don’t.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real opening windows was a huge selling point to me. @Skiddy, my experience is that frameless windows only pop out about 3-4", not slide open. The back window on the 297 and 315 when opened is at least 2' x 2'
    @Sbrunk21 I fully agree with your frustration. I have a 2020 297 RSTS and thought the same thing, why can't I get some awesome options. Really wanted the LTE/WIFI booster, steps and auto-leveling that the Cougar had. And a bigger fridge. Every camper ultimately is a compromise. Suggest you go do some research on the reliability of the BAL electric auto level system on the Cougar, also is there enough lift on the levelers to actually level like a 5th wheel. Same for those Wifi/Bluetooth-On Demand control systems. Then do some research on how Keystone stands behind their products. Decide with all that, if the Cougar is for you because you get some options.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123