User Tag List

Thread: Dead plug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead plug

Hey team,
    Having issues with the plug for the microwave. The microwave would t work so I checked the plug it and its dead. Anyone have any suggestions. I used an extension cord to make sure the microwave was working and it is. It’s just the plug inside the cabinet.I check the breakers and they are all good. Any help would be appreciated...
    Rick & Kathy
    SoCal
    Grand Design
    2018 295RL Reflections 150 Series
    2016 RAM 2500 Laramie 4X4 Cummins 6.7

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickesco View Post
    Hey team,
    Having issues with the plug for the microwave. The microwave would t work so I checked the plug it and its dead. Anyone have any suggestions. I used an extension cord to make sure the microwave was working and it is. It’s just the plug inside the cabinet.I check the breakers and they are all good. Any help would be appreciated...
    Rick/Kathy, with the way they wire these coaches I would check the other plugins for tripped GFCI outlets. Once in a while ours trips in the bathroom when the wife overloads the plugins in the kitchen. If you can't find any other causes (tripped GFCI or circuit breakers)(cycle the breakers) anywhere in the coach, worst case maybe a wire came off the microwave plug in or the plug is snafu. Disconnect AC power totally from the RV if you take an AC plug out to check it.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem on our reflection.
    I found it was a bad connection on the one of the connectors.
    On our fiver the wiring goes from solid wire to multi strand and back to solid
    to work around the slide. There are three on ours in the slide and three more hidden inside the coroplast below trailer.
    Also had the problem with fireplace. They at least marked the wires with R_ reefer, M- micro and F- fireplace.
    I hope this helps, I spent a while chasing it down.
    Milt

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MImilt View Post
    ...On our fiver the wiring goes from solid wire to multi strand and back to solid
    to work around the slide. There are three on ours in the slide and three more hidden inside the coroplast below trailer....
    Milt
    This^^^ look for the connector inside the frame above the coroplast adjacent to the slide wiring. The connectors vibrate loose especially if not installed properly. Had to fix/replace two of mine.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for great advice. I found the problem and it’s the plug itself for whatever reason. I purchased a new one and installed it. Everything works. Now I know for next time. Thank you all very much for your help, this is what makes this forum great..👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead outlet

Hey team,
    Did you check the ground fault reset outlets?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for great advice. I found the problem and it’s the plug itself for whatever reason. I purchased a new one and installed it. Everything works. Now I know for next time. Thank you all very much for your help, this is what makes this forum great..������������
    Rick, I have had problems with those Hubbell Wirecon plugs before. I detest these type of plugs but they are used industry wide in the RV world. https://www.hubbell.com/bryant/en/wirecon
    There are a couple of threads on the forum about them and how to replace them without the special clamping tool. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...le+replacement

Some people use the "Old Work" electrical outlets and boxes to replace.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Steve...