Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS 22 MLE Shakedown Cruise Complete

We picked up our new 22 MLE last Friday and spent the weekend at the FamCamp at Kirtland AFB. Every thing worked as its supposed to. Only possible issue was a "drip" coming off the spray insulation around the tank dump line before the release valve. I am thinking is could've been condensation due to the chilly mornings, but either way, I'll have the dealer look at anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized_20191025_121226(2).jpeg   PART_1572200750483_Resized_20191026_113819.jpg  
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are picking our our new XLS 22 MLE this Saturday. We won't be taking it out until the first week of December though.... Like you, I will be towing it with my GMC as well. Its a 2018 GMX 4x4 Denali with the 6 1/2 ft bed and the 6.2L engine. I assume you did have any problems towing it either.

Roger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we did not get to pick up our trailer after all as the dealer said they could not install powered stabilizer jacks do to the location of the dump valves.... I asked them them to do further research, to see what can be done. I am not wanting to use a drill to setup the stabilizers with as I had the powered system on my Rockwood and it was great...just walked around to all 4 corners, pressed a button and they each lowered/retracted. No fuss and no muss.... Not very happy with the dealer at this point as they waited until 5 pm on Friday to let me know that it would not be ready. Then he said, we could come pick it up anyway...NO WAY. I told him I would not accept it until everything was done that they agreed to do prior to me picking it up. We shall see what happens now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks. I don't think communication is a trait of the service departments. My GMC has the 6.2l as well. It towed differently than my last TT. Definitely could tell I'm pulling an extra 1500 lbs. It towed better once I got all the stuff inside put in place.

Safe and happy travels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping to get a quick resolve to the stabilizer jack issue, this week. One thing I noted on the specs for this trailer as it has an awful low tongue weight based on the unladen weight. Loading it with more tongue weight should help a lot. My previous 25ft Rockwood weighed about 500 lbs less that this one.....it had two slides...which I am sure added to it weight. I had plenty of power and the mileage was not too bad. I live in the central valley of Calif. and on my last trip to Oregon I avg. approx 12.5 mpg over 450 miles... I do have an 8-speed auto, which I am sure helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I picked up the TT, they gave me the weight sheet. If I remember correct, tongue weight came in around 760 lbs, much more than the specs listed on line or brochures. Know the central valley well, lived in Lemoore for 6 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats interesting as it states the tongue wt to be 490 lbs... On the tag on the side of the trailer lists its UVW at 5570 lbs and GVWR at 6995 with a max cargo wt of 1385 lbs

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
    When I picked up the TT, they gave me the weight sheet. If I remember correct, tongue weight came in around 760 lbs, much more than the specs listed on line or brochures. Know the central valley well, lived in Lemoore for 6 years.
    Lemoore - haven't heard that city's name in a long time. Lived there 4 years at the Naval base, but that was back in the 1970s.
    The brochures list the "Average" "Dry" tongue weight. Once you get full propane tanks and a battery on the hitch the tongue weight goes up pretty fast. Our first coach was an Imagine 2950RL and the fresh water holding tank was right up front close to the hitch, when full it would add another 300# to the hitch weight. The brochures listed the tongue weight at 795# our unit as built tongue weight was 902# but once we got full propane tanks, battery, hitch weight and full fresh water holding tank, our loaded tongue weight was right at 1500#. A far cry from their 795# number.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    Thats interesting as it states the tongue wt to be 490 lbs... On the tag on the side of the trailer lists its UVW at 5570 lbs and GVWR at 6995 with a max cargo wt of 1385 lbs
    By the time you get loaded you'll probably find your tongue weight will run around 839#. 12% of the GVWR.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a good tongue wt for the trailer to towed well. My old trailer...a 24ft rockwood Ultra Lite 2305DS had a GVWR of 6606 lbs... THe Imagine XLS 22 MLE has a GVWR of 6995. Not to much difference, not enough to make any difference in towing. My 6.2L gas engine (420 hp) with an 8 speed should not perform any different. haven't heard from the dealer yet today concerning the powered stabilizers, so we shall see what happens

FYI...I live just outside of Modesto, CA Not to far from Lemoore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast