User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I just purchased the 2020 29RS Reflection. The new 2020's have a lot more going for it than previous years. Most notably is the heated tanks for someone who is wintering. If not, the trim line is a step up. Honestly, it boils down to what you are going to do. How long you will use it. You said you will be doing extended touring and possible full timing. I would recommend looking at storage space. its hard to visit a dealership and make that quick judgement on what you are going to get. I would say get on youtube and look at walk through videos and watch the 1000's of videos on how people live in them. Small items that RV's get depending on the trim package can either be a waste of money or a thing you really come to love. Best of luck.
    Andrew
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram 3500 6.7L
    18k Demco Autoslide Hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Threedogs View Post
    Seeking advice: Hello, I'm new to this forum and planning to become a GD owner very soon. This is the first RV purchase for my husband and I. My family had an RV when I was a child and we've borrowed my parents' RV a few times over the years, so we have a little experience. We plan to do some extended travel across North America and will be RVing full-time for a year (or longer if we love the lifestyle). We believe our RVing style will be a combination of mostly Nat & State parks, Harvest Hosts, and Boondocking with a few private campgrounds from time to time. We are in our late 40's and will be doing some part-time, remote work while traveling.

We've narrowed our search to a Grand Design travel trailer, either the 2020 Imagine 2970RL or the 2020 Reflection 297RSTS. (The floor plans are almost identical.)
    We love the new modern pebble interior of the 2020 Imagine. It's by far my favorite interior of any TT we've seen. The Reflection has a more traditional decor, but we love the stone countertops, solid cabinets, glass shower door, and upgraded features like w/d hookup...and I believe Reflection has slightly better insulation and air conditioning system? (correct me if I'm wrong about that)

Knowing what you know now, would you choose Imagine or Reflection for extended traveling? Do we choose the interior we like best and save a little money, or go with the interior we like less -and spend a little more- to benefit from the higher quality features? We will be towing with a GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel. Thank you for your advice!
    Get the most trailer you can afford. We got a 2020 Imagine 2970RL (identical interior layout as the 297RSTS) mainly for the Pebble interior, and we already want to move up to a Reflection 315RLTS for the larger closet space, king bed, and the W/D hookups. Also, the Nautilus panel in the wet bay is much better in the Reflection, and it has a bigger fridge and full size convection microwave. We have made 6 trips since July, 2 of them a week long, and if you plan to take trips of a week or more you will want all of those amenities plus as much closet space as you can get. We also tow with a Sierra 2500HD (2002 model), and it will handle any Reflection TT made.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Threedogs View Post
    Seeking advice: Hello, I'm new to this forum and planning to become a GD owner very soon. This is the first RV purchase for my husband and I. My family had an RV when I was a child and we've borrowed my parents' RV a few times over the years, so we have a little experience. We plan to do some extended travel across North America and will be RVing full-time for a year (or longer if we love the lifestyle). We believe our RVing style will be a combination of mostly Nat & State parks, Harvest Hosts, and Boondocking with a few private campgrounds from time to time. We are in our late 40's and will be doing some part-time, remote work while traveling.

We've narrowed our search to a Grand Design travel trailer, either the 2020 Imagine 2970RL or the 2020 Reflection 297RSTS. (The floor plans are almost identical.)
    We love the new modern pebble interior of the 2020 Imagine. It's by far my favorite interior of any TT we've seen. The Reflection has a more traditional decor, but we love the stone countertops, solid cabinets, glass shower door, and upgraded features like w/d hookup...and I believe Reflection has slightly better insulation and air conditioning system? (correct me if I'm wrong about that)

Knowing what you know now, would you choose Imagine or Reflection for extended traveling? Do we choose the interior we like best and save a little money, or go with the interior we like less -and spend a little more- to benefit from the higher quality features? We will be towing with a GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel. Thank you for your advice!
    Greetings Threedogs
    We looked at both the Reflection 297 RSTS and Imagine 2970 RL (2020 models).
    Our initial thought was to go with the Reflection based on the above mentioned perks.
    But ended up choosing the Imagine because we had recently purchased a new Chevrolet Silverado High Country 1500 (enhanced) with a towing capacity of 10,700#, prior to deciding to upgrade our RV to a Grand Design unit. I felt the additional weight of the Reflection would eat up my towing safety margin.

We spent about 8 weeks camping in our Imagine this summer and love the unit, as you said above it’s a good looking unit inside and out.

Good luck on your decision

If you need more info on warranty work we needed done, let us know.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the sound advice. We have decided to step up to the Reflection 315RLTS and have negotiated an end-of-season deal that we are happy with and plan to pick it up next week. After much consideration and research— and physically being inside and around the options for a few hours last weekend— we think that the bedroom slide, huge closet, kitchen pantry, and larger refrigerator of the 315RLTS are going to be best suited for our full-time travel plans over the next few years. Now we just have to learn how to tow that beast!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Welcome to the 315 family 😁

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will love your 315. We love all of the storage and the larger refrigerator. The pantry is wonderful. Having the heat registers off of the floor is a big asset when you have dogs. We ended up unplugging the theater seating because it was very easy to accidentally turn on the heat or massage and kind of hard to tell because there isn't a lot of difference in the intensity of the lights, on the control, between on and off. But it is easy to just plug them back in if you want heat or massage. Just a couple of things you might want to check out before taking it out. We had an issue with the slide awning blowing the fuse when we tried to retract it. Also, we had some leakage under the sink. My husband thinks it is because the lines were stretched too tight. Congratulations on your new 315.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got into a bunch of them at the Hershey Show this year... the Imagine just seemed like a better fit for us.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will love the 315. I think the most compliments we get from everyone is the bedroom. I think it feels bigger than the fifth wheel bedrooms with the same layout because of the higher ceiling.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    You will love the 315. I think the most compliments we get from everyone is the bedroom. I think it feels bigger than the fifth wheel bedrooms with the same layout because of the higher ceiling.
    To me that bedroom layout is a requirement for any trailer I buy. My 3740 has the same layout (although the closet is actually a little smaller!) and I love it.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One big difference no one mentioned is that the Reflection travel trailer has a 7’ interior height with flat ceilings. The Imagine has a lower ceiling and an arched ceiling.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast